MI DNR seeks input through June 13

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by DLB-in-GR, Jun 11, 2008.

1. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    The Michigan DNR is seeking input on a proposed increase in the number of lines (rods) used for fishing per person from 2 to 3. For many types of fishing this doesn't really make sense, I know I couldn't run 3 bluegill rods while the bluegills are biting, but nobody is saying I would have to use 3. I can definately see some situations where I could manage 3, as a bank-fishing catfisherman. For me, it would allow me to present a greater variety of baits and cover more water with them, or set a couple lines for cats while I am bluegill fishing. It would also allow setting two tip-ups and fishing a panfish hole nearby on the ice. Currently I feel restricted by the two rod per person rule, since I usually fish alone. Here is a link with more info, including a FAQ and a place where you can email the DNR with your thoughts on the issue:

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10371_10402-190879--,00.html

2. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Right On, Doug. You have nailed all the right reasons why we should make the change from two to three. Just be darn sure those drags are loose and the rod is tied to a stake. Sometimes fish seem to bite all at once, and I've seen rods launch out into the river like missiles!

3. ROYDOG

ROYDOG New Member

State:
    Charlotte, Mich
    great post brother, i hope everyone who reads this goes to the link you offer and leave thier opinions. again great post!!!!!!

4. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    I just emailed and said that three lines per person would be a great change!
    Thanks for the heads up my friend