Meyer dam

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by kickin_wing, Jun 5, 2006.

1. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If anyone has fished Meyer dam lately i would like to know how they did. Are the locks closed yet so there is curent? Last year i always did well on the catfish there but only when there was curent. This year the dam has been wide open and free flowing for quite sometime. If the dam is closed that would be great to know so i dont have to drive up there and check.

2. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Inquiring minds what to know....

3. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ok everyone i sacrificed 10 dollors in gas and went and checked myself this mourning. The dam is closed, yeehaw!

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    used To Go Camping In A Big Ol Tent Up At Meyer,il Back In The Early70's. Is That Dike Still There. It's Been So Long Since I've Been Up In That Area Don't Think I Could Find My Way Up To Meyer. Used To Catch Some Of The Pretty Est Golden Colored Carp From That Dike. That Was Way Before I Got In To Catfishing. I Guess Cause Of The Sandy Bottom Is Why They Were So Clean Looking.could Tell You A Scary Store About The Miss ,meyer And The Flood Of 73. But That Another Time. Good Luck Up There.

5. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    went up there again tonight and the striper bite was goin a little until i threw 10 lbs of lead in there 20 times to try and get some shad
    got a few and cought a couple small eater cats we returned
    all nite was constant action for lil fish probably drun i managed to hook and reel in a prolly 6 lb drum hehe scum of the earth but still fun to catch every now and then.
    hopefully well get into some bigger cats soon