Method to your madness.... trophey cattin!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catfish kenny, Dec 17, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How many of you feel thart bait presentation might have something to do with your catch??? It's one of the many glues that hold yer kitteyen experience togather???...What you use how you use it and conditions are giong to affect and play a roll in your program out there.The naturaul bait of your waters will be your best bait.Geographey and location will play a role in your session ...each fisherey is diffrent and knowing it as well as you can is a bennifit that comes with the high price of time out on the water.....I have noticed alot of differences in techniques and processes that are different...the methods....yer river fishers are different then your lake fishers ..........Catfish ...."trophey catfish!" are a very elusive and worthey advessarey you have to get on there terms....no matter in the lake ...or the creek or even in the river believe it! They have and will continue to beat the best of us..... The bait is the all elusive secret ....holding the keys....Shad being common around here vs say skipjacks in Tennesee.......Shad is used many differnt ways consitantly around here in the right areas will produce TROPHEY RESULT! 20-30's bein common trophey fishsize ....upto 80's......gotta see what there flaver is that day....it can be very unpredictible out there too and frustrating when they arnt bitting off nothing ,when them conditions make ya wander but you just gotta go....(LOL)There is no doubt bait presentation plays a roll in your fishing experience! The size fish you target will surley reflect your gear qualitey and level of fisher that you are even the best get skunked:roll_eyes:...different rigs /set ups sush as carolina will be a nother magior factor...yer depth the bait is at......bottom line is you have to pay your dues ......find the method to your maddness(LOL) to achieve catching that trophey!:roll_eyes:Bait presentation will ultimatley play a very magior role in weather or not you catch that trophey cat!

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Great post Kenny. Are you out of beer? LOL

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yup & thinking bout this netx year....:big_smile:

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I dont want anyonE to think I am dissing what you are using ....I am just gonna share with you how I come to where I am at and what I use because it is ultimatley a magior deciding factor to your fishing experience...
    personaley I dont think because you are using a Abu me a penn makes you and yours better nor me and mine ....personal preferance and the qualitey is there .....Befor I got my boat and long ago befor licence I fished with zebco 202-404-808-33 thought they was the bomb till I started stringing them with heavey mono and snagging carp(LOL) I have schredded some reels(LOL) and I have even hooked a few out of the river threw some tack/bait fished.....over time I have progressed to buying better more expensive equiptment because three of them cheepo's will equil one good one and that one good one will last you way longer then them three fire boxes smokin(LOL)The Sipp and fishing it on a regular basis is very tough on equiptment ....them cats are rutless on gear(LOL)
    It does pay in the long run..I have a tendancey to be very hard on my tools for the trade and quallitey is a must...deciding what you want to fit you is very important ...do you want to drive the mustang or the tempo???? I will take the pony(LOL)...
    The level of fisher you become will show in what you use . If I hook a 60 pound cat it is comming in unless my nots fail or hook breaks I know my rr is gonna take it(LOL) Its one more thing for you to be looking at down the road...and to think about and while I haer the money issue I still say do your homework...save and buy what you want.....wait till you have nuff ...because it is what you want ...it hightens the fishing experience....caddalac vs. Tempo theorey ...good equiptment does make a difference!tHIS IS YOUR HOBBY/PASSION HAVING THE BEST IS A MUST!

5. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    hey Kenny what if your like me and don't have the money for a mustang but you have enough money for something good enough would you still do it? I say hell yes!!! So I got the cheapest best quality gear I could find I got 2 7' mh poles fer 40 bucks cabelas king kat combos and I got 2 Okuma Abf 65 baitfeeder reels they'll work not top of the line but sufficient by all means its not tested yet hopefully in spring they will be ,but you don't need top of the line gear to catch big fish I been catching decent sized fish the past 2 years on total junk gear medium action walmart special 20 dollar combos

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Exactly-I didnt want to offend anyone because I have a 300.oo combo..I saved and worked for it....It has been a process getting to this piont but I still have and use my first two bait casters they are SHAKESPHERE 30LC... but ya gotta do what you gotta do and you have alot of chioces to consider...how serious are you....????..I am betting you to will be saving when ya start finding them monsters regularly....they destroy cheap...kitty's aint cheap...AND DONT GET ME WRONG SOME OF THE CHEAPER EQUIPTMENT IS GOOD aint no doubt in my mind! I have it now and still use and love it... I am just like you believ it...I have 3 kids and dog......but my passion lies in the deep depths of the mighty muddy:big_smile: & sometimes money has to be NOT a option it all lies in the personal preference clause:cool2:

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have been where you are and have progressed in them babay steps ....the first yr I got my boat I smoked along with my brother smokin 4 of them combos in a week.....it was time to figure something else out we both lost a biggun or two and we knew...never again my pride is at steak here this is my passion this is my love nuttin but the best from now on....GO BIG OR STAY HOME:roll_eyes: .....and no offence to anyone because you will always crawl befor you walk and know I am fortunate to be able to look back and see I am now running....your doing fine bro...Your decent beyond the begingin:big_smile:

8. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
  9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    something tells me your facing a turbulant ride...with Mama and everything you have the fever buddy:crazy:Its ok though I am here for moral support go get em ....I want full reports with pictures and smile bro yer HOOKED!(LOL)

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Oh and I hate to be the bearm of bad news but YOUR HOOKED! like me and it gets fun from here(LOL) ....In the summer my boat is in the water more then its out...if my woman didnt love it as much as me .......it would be bad...rallley bad deal....she supports my ventures but only if she is with me most of the time:roll_eyes::tounge_out::big_smile: Relax .... its all good!:tounge_out:

11. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I am so hooked I'm ready to go sit out in the rain and sleet I'm sick this winter is gonna do me bad brotha its gonna be a long 5 months you called it I got the fever the sickness whatever ya wanna call it I got it I never even caught one yet I have faith that my first season out that I will at least get me a 20 pounder

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey RC ya aint helping me none either(LOL) I am so feeling it with you....Its too dang cold fer me thoug I will wait(LOL)We want bigg braggs and pictures when ya strike the big kittey:roll_eyes:

13. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    when I do you will get pics ,stories the works as long as my bad heart holds up

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Its gonna make yer ticker stronger buddy....Oh man there aint nuttin like hookin a biggun....I wish I could be there when yer cherry gets busted(LOL):big_smile:

15. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    allI know is I ain't stoppin till I am dead I missed out on fishin for a couple years now that I got back into it I couldn't be happier I'm not allowed alcohol or tobacco or caffeine so fishing takes up all of my old habits plus my psychiatrist lol says it keeps the anxiety down

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Now yer just bein testament to a question I onced asked the B.O.C....."are catfishers psycho?"(LOL) I determined yes indeed we are:big_smile:

17. readingcatfisher

State:
    Berks coun
    I agree at least my psychiatrist tells me so,lol no the drugs they give me stops that lol a massive heart attack will give anyone anxiety and panic attacks my wife claims I'm obsessive about fishing I don't deny it like I said something had to take the place of all my other habits I can't do any more