Meteor Shower

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Drawout, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
  2. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    There were alot falling last night when I was at the hole, tonight I'm sure is going to be a good show.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I fished all night yesterday (Sat. 8-11-07) and got to watch a nice display of meteors up till 2 AM when the heavy fog blocked the sky!

4. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Same here and to be honest it was quite amazing. Something you can really appreciate and amire the beauty of as you fish for something even more beautiful, a nice big cat.:big_smile:

5. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    I sat on the porch with my mom and watch them last night. It was pitch black out so it made for a really nice show. we counted 58 from 9pm-10pm. then they stopped for a while. and picked up latter. according to the news they peaked at 2am

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I read this last night and went out to look. Saw a few. not many but it's still cool to check out the sky. Wish I was on the lake about midnight.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks,
    I'll check it out tonight. :smile2:

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That explains all the shooting stars we saw on the Kansas River last Saturday night.

9. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I made a point of fishing Sunday night, partly because of the new moon and partly to catch the meteors. It was a pretty nice night, and I did get to see maybe 18 or 20 shooting stars before I headedin around midnight - 3 or 4 of those were pretty impressive ones that blazed across the sky.

There's supposed to be another good shower coming up on September 1st.