Metal heads on the BOC?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Mar 23, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    I started out as a country music fan but when I learned how to play the drums at 10 I found that metal was the most fun to play and it grew on me. Just cause I like metal doesnt mean that i agree with what they sing all the time but I dig the beats heavy are there any other Metal heads on the BOC and if so what is your band or genre of preference?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Enjoy Metallica, AC/DC, Pantera, Megadeth, and a few others. I like a variety of music.

"Walk" will have you ready to do anything to the fullest!!!

3. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    I like metallica,slayer,manson,disturbed,metal church, to many to name,,lol

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Im not sure if the bands I listened to growing up in the 70's fall into the category of "metal"or not compared to the bands who play "metal" these days but I spent my early days digging Nugent, Sabbath, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, Nazareth, Van Halen, Frank Marino, AC/DC, Scorpions, Judas Priest, etc. I know I still have some hearing loss in my right ear from the 1979 Ted Nugent / AC/DC / Scorpions show I attended from the front of the stage! Man they used to crank up the volume back then!:crazy:

5. HoFFmaXX

HoFFmaXX New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am a true metal master. I dont necessarily agree with some of my favorite bands messages/beliefs either. But, they sure got some good music. myspace.com/dimmuborgir myspace.com/cradleoffilth myspace.com/alexisonfire myspace.com/biploarrocks these are just a few of my favs. hey got some songs on their pages.

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been known to bang my head. Anthrax, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Danzig, PANTERA, Primus, Megadeth, Zombie, Black Label Society, Sepultura....Too many to think of. Motor Head!!! In Flames... if you've never heard them, you should make it a point to. I love OLD Metalica. Black album or older, I don't dig their pop music. Type O-. And how 'bout Buckethead??? Man he could rock if he would lose the bucket, and get a real gig!!!! What am I talking about? Everybody already knows I'm a headbanger. Can't think of a Metal band I haven't seen live except for Metalica, and KISS. Ozzfest used to rock. Haven't been to the last few. Too much NuMetal for me. Oh my god, I forgot to mention SLAYER. Saw Kerri King with Pantera, and he Played GD Electric with Pentera, and it was the baddest thing I've ever seen. I miss Darrell Abbott!!!!:too_sad:

7. kscatman

kscatman New Member

State:
    LAWRENCE,KS
    I'm a huge Motorhead fan. I really love ols metallica too!!

8. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Contrary to what my user name might suggest I am not a metal head.
    However, Paranoid was the very first album I owned and still regard Black Sabbath from that time as the heavy metal band...W

9. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Raise the fist of the metal child.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Me too man one of my favorite songs is voices in the sky

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, what he said:worship:

12. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    I was a headbanger back in the day, I enjoy all types of music now, but I every once and awhile put on some Motley Crue,Twisted Sister,Ozzy,AC/DC,Cinderella,Motorhead,Anthrax or any other band I have listen to before!! It takes me back.....

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I like almost any Metal band from the originalband that started it all "Black Sabbath" to most bands pre-1990. After that most of it is just generic music to me "no style of their own"!!! There are VERY FEW that I can tollerate after 1990!!!

14. clintonhawg1

clintonhawg1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Metallica was good and ac dc but most of that music from the 80s was the best.

15. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Hey JW, did you have a mullet hairdo back in the 80's? Just curious. I did. Business in the front, party in the back. LOL!!! Rock on!!!

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Nope, My hair was down to the middle of my back!!!! No mullet for me, LMAO!!!

17. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I'm trying to envision you with long hair! LOL! That's cool though, but I never woulda thunk it. Do catfish dig Sabbath???

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would hope so, LOL!!! I know I do, LMAO!!!

PS ... Don't let my milder side fool you, LMAO!!!

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I play drums, and agree metal drumming is the most fun man. But overall I like Rock better, I'm in a mellow classic rock type band and enjoy it. I love good thrash metal though, Pantera, Silent Civilian, stuff like Black Sabbath, Megadeth, etc.

Anyone that's into metal, you should really check out a band called Silent Civilian, really good stuff.

20. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I agree with alot of your selections. Some really great bands mentioned. Alot of people dont like alot of the new metal bands. One of my favorite bands is a newer one System Of A Down. They have a style all their own with alot of changes in their songs fast then slow and incredibly heavy at times.