Metal art

Discussion in 'Art Appreciation' started by Cheryl, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Does anyone here do metal art? I have a few pieces that I have purchased, and seen a lot I would like to purchase. I have some pics, if you're not sure what I'm talking about, let me know.

Take care.
    Cheryl

2. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    I do some.Most'ly Rose's and candle holders

3. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    I've always had an interest in metal art, but I don't own any. Unless you count Vern's multi-colored F250.:big_smile:

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Here are some pics of one of my favorite metal artists. He is also a chef, rafter, EMT, parasailer, and who knows what else he gets into?

5. pylodictis

pylodictis New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    i probably would try metal art/sculpture, but i'm afraid i'd slice my fingers off.:lol: it's truly remarkable when it's done well. thanks for your post.

b.

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    iv always wanted to get into metal working , seen a pegasus years ago life size made from krome bumpers welded together

thanks for sharing the pics cheryl

7. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am one of those who think that if it looks sounds,feels or smells real or is well done,it was done by a artist.My appreciation of art varies from a preacher with a great sermon,a frightened mother who can calm a dozen scared children,not all her own.The smell and taste of the food from some kitchens.A single canoeist running the Nolichucky alone,high water in the gorge around the Lost Cove area.A wave of the paddle and they are gone forever.Did they make it?You never know.Many have not over the years.You will never forget the sight and sound of those few seconds.Still art as you will never forget it.If you can,is it very good art?If I can forget it,I feel that I have wasted my time looking.This is my best judgment of art.I have a crude pine turtle "rubbed" out of a piece of Georgia Pine by a member of the Georgia Chain Gang many years ago.Priceless to me.The time and effort it took is unbelievable,and the average person would think it some kids piece of "wood shop junk"in high school.My art is junk to many.Many call the arts of your area "Crafts".If they are good,they are artist.You can both "see and hear" much art up there.I am leary.The last three and only people that I have known who introduced themselves as,and claimed to be "Artist" grew their inspiration in the backyard and had recently smoked it.You could tell by the smell at arms length.I have seen as much of what I call art in your area as I have seen in the rest of the world.And yes I am comparing it to the major art Museums that I have been in.I prefer the Jonesboro Flea Market to N.Y.'s Metropolitan any day.Yes,my choices are rather "Low Brow"would't you think?I love you sister.peewee

8. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Ah ha! A true connoisseur of "Redneck Art".You have excellent taste and judgment.I love you sister.peewee

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Hey Peewee! Good to hear from you. Happy New Year!

I loved your post and you are right about art. It is everywhere.

Sounded like you "smelled" some art up here too. :lol:

I'll have to check out the Jonesboro Flea Market. I need to check on a blue cameo barrette that a jeweler is making for me in town, anyway. He made one and wasn't happy with it. He must be a true artist because it's been 2 or 3 years now and I'm wondering if I'll still have hair to put in it. :roll_eyes:

Love and hugs from NE TN to GA.
    Cheryl

10. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    the 15 characters