Met a brother today

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CarolinaCatJack, Aug 21, 2008.

1. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Just a quick post before I get off work here.....Went to Greenwood today to aggravate the in-laws a little bit. We heard a pontoon barrel-a$$in' up the lake toward the state park and buster1395 jumped off. To let everyone know, he's a pretty cool feller. I look forward to fishin' with him this weekend (weather permitting).

Hey Chris.....When we fish, how about I bring the metal stringer so we don't lose any fish? :cool2:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on linking up with a fellow member and good luck fishing!

Is that a joke about the metal stringer?? I have lost plenty of fish with those dang things!!!!!!!!!

3. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Yeah, it's sort of an inside joke. Buster knows what I'm talkin' about.....I'll let him explain it to y'all. LOL!

4. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Yeah thats a funny one!:smile2: My buddy and I went out drifting yesterday afternoon and since I normally catch and release I didnt have a cooler with me for the fish and the boat livewell was full of ice and drinks and its never had a fish in it anyway since the boat is new. After being there only a few minutes my friends wife decides they want to cook fish for supper at the campground. It was no problem I found a nice stringer on the boat with big white rope and metal clips. Well after fishing for about 2.5 hours and having 6 catfish of which 5 were 3-4 pounds each and plenty enough for 3 people to eat we pulled up all the gear and as we went to throw the fish in the boat the damn stringer rope broke and off they went. If they would have stayed up for 10 seconds I could have dove in after them but they went straight down. Oh well no catfish dinner last night.:sad2:

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    That made for a thin supper LOL

6. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    See, that's why I'm bringing the METAL stringer. Rookies, man, I tell you what....Anyway, we're still on for this weekend, right? Let me know either by cell (oh shoot, here goes....864-243-7863. I don't mind people calling, just don't bug the bejesus out of me), or e-mail (matthew.daniels@goodrich.com). And, if it's alright with you, Chris, let's keep the invite open to other brothers/sisters in the area. BTW, if the crowd gets too big, ma-in-law said I could use her boat. Let me know about bait, etc. Lookin' forward to it! Y'all be good.

7. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Hey y'all.... I know I've been worked up and excited about fishing on Greenwood this weekend, but I'm gonna have to call it off and we'll have to plan for another weekend.

My best friend's mother passed last night and I feel like my job as a friend is with the family at this time. Y'all, I apologize, but I need to pass this time. Thanks for everything, guys and girls.

In loving memory: Sandra Hovis. We love you, Mama Truck.

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana