Met a Brother today

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, May 24, 2008.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well my family and I are in North Carolina for the Race tomorrow and I was able to get ahold of LakeNormanBlues i.e. Mac. He asked if we could go out on the water and fish for a few hours and the family was up to it and we said sure. I met Mac at his house (which is awsome) and right on the lake. We proceeded to where his boat is and took off a little ways on the lake. We drifted for the better part of an hour getting a couple of bites here and there but no takers. We moved to another spot and drifted for about another hour or so and a couple of bites but still no takers arrrrgh. We talked while we fished and I was learning alot about another way to drift which was pretty cool.

Well the subject came about on how bad my luck is and it held true LOL as I was able to skunk a guide :smile2:. I offered to go to the store for some hotdogs but he wanted none of that:smile2:.

All in all it was a great trip with Mac and he was nothing but nice especially with my youngest running around the boat. Mac a huge props to you and if we make it down again Ill certainly look you up again.

The weather was off and on showers with some fairly chilly wind so Ill blame it on that.:wink:

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Thanks for the kind remarks, it was nice to meet you and your family. I got a call as soon as I got home from another catfisherman and he took some family members cattin' and they only caught one small one. So, it probably was not your fault, but on the other hand, it might have been.

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    MAC,

THANK YOU FOR TAKING CARE OF A BROTHER YOUR REWARDS WILL BE 10 FOLD , GOD BLESS YOU

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Cool, sounds like you had a great time even though the fishin was slow...:big_smile:

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    gary, reps for skunkin a guide! :smile2: you may wanna take up golf or table tennis soon:smile2::wink: rollo

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    seems i must spread the love first before your reps... i will start with mac:smile2: rollo

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like fun anyway. I'm glad you got to meet up.

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yep it is good when we can meet another brother glad you got to experience a good feeling sounds like he lived up to what I always say the BOC is [The rest of the Family]

9. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Late yesterday, I got some bio safe clorox and cleaned my boat out to get rid of the Gary Ryan skunk.

This morning I had four more folks from Ohio down for Speed Week and the results were a whole lot better. Used the same type bait as yesterday and fished closed to the same place yesterday and the results were different. Sixteen blues were boated, with the largest being close to ten pounds. Fishing time was four hours.

Don't feel bad Gary, I still enjoyed your company and the next time I have some left over hotdogs, I'm going to give them a try.

10. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I might have to use some of that for my poles.I am tired of being skunked.

11. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mac
    Might as well sell your boat. Sounds like you caught it (The ryang curse). lol...sb

12. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Does everybody in Ohio know about the ryang curse? If this is the case, maybe we should quit saying we got skunked and maybe say that we got ryang, sound better than skunked. I have a catfish buddy and his young son can not say skunked, he says they got stinked. :big_smile::smile2:

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Your lucky that you used the clorox fast enough Mac I dont know how it could have come off if you had not done that:smile2:. I had a great time regardless it was fun and my youngest was actually pretty good I think that my wife was scared most of all with him wanting to run around and stuff. Maybe I should take a bath in Shad oil or skipjack heads to wash the hotdog smell off :smile2:

14. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Gary buddy, it cant last forever. I do think you are on the right track though. Spread it around from state to state. If a little drops of every place you visit it will soon be gone. Every one should have a little smell of hot dog on them just to round out the general oder of success. Pretty soon you will be smelling like a rose and every one will want to fish with you. All I ask is that you remember these few kind words when that time comes. Your friend Jack :big_smile: lol :smile2::smile2::smile2: