merry christmas

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by joe0580, Dec 15, 2005.

1. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    haven't seem many people chatting in room much. guess it either got tooo cold or hunting is in. i have been a couple times with freinds and caught a few. regular size. in the 20 lb range. hopefully we dont get much more rain. is causeing river to be very high. but i want to wish all a merry christmas and happy new year. alot of you are freinds and great ones at that and wish you the best in the new year and those to come.

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a31: Joe0580,
    "Happy Holidays" - From California - (The Delta Boys)

Take It Easy Buddy,
    Bert :cool:

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    Ya I do have to say it's been quiet here latly. I haven't been able to get out much because of the weather or work. The blues should really be bitting. Hpeefully next week I can get out.

4. crlail41

crlail41 New Member

State:
    Hickory NC
    Merry Christmas to one and all. May the good Lord take a liking to ya, if he hasn't already!!Can't wait to get out on a lake somewhere!!! Hard to do in this freezing rain!!

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Merry Christmas to you also bud! I've been fishing alot here on
    Lake Gaston, NC. And catching some real nice fish, alot of 5-35 lb blues, 5-10 lb channel cats, and a few 10 lb striper's. Fishing's real good, water temp is in the right range (50's) for the blues and stripers. I'll be going fishing alot the next two weeks, I'll make sure to keep everyone informed on whats going on!

Good luck :)

6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well, I've been going every weekend, and even though I haven't been able to located where the flatties went, I've been doing decent on channels in the 3-5lb. range. I've been using ultralight gear and drifting nightcrawler in monderate current...REALLY fun, but you gotta fight them right. Buddy of mine just got a pontoon, so hopefully with a little bit bigger boat we can get to more areas...I'm not the biggest fan of pontoons, but hey, I can't afford a boat and won't complain! I'm sure we'll wet the deck soon enough. We were planning on heading out tomorrow, but I've had a bit of a cough here lately and don't know if I want to risk getting worse...but with some of the cats we've caught this year, I wonder if putting my health at risk wouldn't be such a bad trade...lol