Merry Christmas!!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Fishnhuntforever, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    I have been very busy and have not had much time to post but I just wanted to say Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope everyone has a nice holiday. I will look forward to hearing about your holidays when I return.

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thanks David from all of us here to you

Attached Files:

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Right Back At You David" - "Happy Holidays Buddy"! :byebye:

Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

4. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Merry Christmas David.... Have a great time fishing and hunting in 2007. Common down and fish with us at the Delta in March... were on Mildred Island on a Houseboat... and its got birds on it... Dont think the seasons open in March? But if you know how to fish.. were going to be doing that, and "Catching" to boot.

Merry BOC....

Bayrunner ray

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Merry Christmas brother, hope you have a great one.

7. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey Vini thats cute.... So I think that you should be albe to drive the big ole houseboat. If you can drive a paint truck your in... just keep it off the levy..... No problem. Either you or Plumber tom can do this for us.... I want to remind you of an ole story that I encountered first hand on the Delta on windy cold night. You see we were parked at an oxbow lake up from Hwy 12. We had settled in for the night... That means my partner is drinking, and later on he is useless as a deck hand.... I placed our front rope on a log on the beach, as we (I ) had thrown the anchor overboard with out checking if it was attached to the rope... Sure, we had another anchor at the back... So we through out the stern anchor, and played it out until the boat was on shore, and then I attached the front rope to this log.... and then we got everything all set up for the night..... I woke up about three in the morning "feeling kind of funny like" my wife told me that we were adrift. Sure enough, we were, the log was attached to the bow rope, and we were making big circles in the wind. You see when we parked for the night, we were low on the levy, and later at high tide we were right up there in the Delta "Jet Stream". Round and round we were going.... Didn't take long for me to get in control... I pulled in the big log, and untied it.... Then I pulled us back to the back anchor, and pulled it in as the wind was pushing up about..... I had the motors going, and when I started to turn, I found the stearing gear had busted.... OH.... S H EE EE TT. Lucky for us I remembered the Pump on the levy, and by moving the Houseboat forward, then backwards in the wind, and repeating this porcess, we zig zaged back in the cross wind until I beached it by the pump, where I ran to the front and jumped ashore and tied off to the pump pipe. So its with this behind us now that you know this.... besure to tie off real good when your parking the boat... We have to plan for the tide so that we dont get hung up and stuck....

Merry Xmas Vini, and BOC see you soon...

bayrunner ray

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    YEah things can go really wrong really fast sometimes and get caught by surprise makes things even worse, safety first.

Night Guys, merry xmas eve to all and to all a goodnight

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I would like to wish a Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all of my BOC family!!!

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!!!!

11. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Merry Christmas brother!!!

12. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

13. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    merry x-mas to all

ok i'm out of here river bound for the last cats of the year

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Happy Holidays to all and may your new year be a blessed one with many nice cats in the picture for 07.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Merry Christmas Happy New Year Folks:big_smile_2: