merritt

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigredcatfish, Dec 23, 2008.

1. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    has everyone fished Merritt in the summer? Any suggestions??

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Have not been to Merrit for a long time Used to go for some of the trnys. but not lately. I mostly drifted with blood and done real good. Some nice fish. Also went walleye fishin couple times slip bobber and leaches letting it drift up just to the out side edge of the weeds, caught lots of black bull heads this way to Wasn't realy what we were after but they were good eating anyway !! The refuge lakes are good fishing up in that area too. Some good ice fishing as well so I'm told I have not fished any of those lakes yet. Good luck :big_smile:

3. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    my cousin went (mostowage) went out there last summer.. caught alot of big channels... i think they were drifting blood pam n jody1.jpg

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I went a few years ago and we couldn't buy a bite, I don't know what it is with that lake it's on or off no inbetween

5. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

I used to fish merrit all the time...I used to live in Valentine...Dried blood as Vic says (or anyone who has fished there) leeches worked just as good from my time spent there....unless you have a boat stick to the rocks....One of my spots was just past the spill over just before the jeep trails....The largest cat I ever got there was 11lbs but I know there are hogs out there....If your gonna be in the area fishing I suggest "school house lake" south of Nenzel....I would say the best in the sandhills...