merritt resevoir catfishing report

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by camochris2, Sep 8, 2009.

1. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    well i went to merritt to do some driffting for them big cats and there are some nice ones out there we went out the 3rd and cam back the 7th i was a good time all in all it was could and windy just about every day the water temp was 65 -68 the bite was kinda slow but we ended up with 40 cats the to bigest where 15lb and a 28lb was the big one of the trip and thats a big channle cat i will post pic when i get home and put them on my computer

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Alot of nice cats the Chris congrats!

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Way to go Chris.I have been meaning to fish Merritt for some time now,I have to put it on the top of my must to list.Thank's for the report,J.D.

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    hey chris did you ever get the pictures posted???? I would love to see em

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'm with you Chris, Jr , and Frank lets get this gathering to happen at Merritt. Talk to all your buddies on the MO and get them to chime in and vote it up. You guys can all truckpool together and make it cheaper and bring some eastern fun people out this way.

6. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm telling ya....merritt is the place to be if you know anything about big cats....see ya there:big_smile:

7. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    if we could pull a bunch of boats with 1 truck i'd be up for a car pool i'm sure chris would bring his and i would too:wink: be kinda nice with more than 1 or 2 boats.... i'm sure i could fish 3 people out of my boat driftin... it will be a new thing for me.. guess i might have to get the trolling motor up and going:cool2:

8. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    well I know merritt is in my plans....so anyone that is interested in going send me a pm with the dates you have in mind.... I know this is a long way away but I know for sure I'm making the trip out there...

thats the problem....we are all gonna have our boats out there fishing by ourselfs:smile2::smile2:

9. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'd leave my boat at home but I need to know that I have a seat in someone else's boat. I'll have the camper so that would save my family a lot of gas money if I didn't have to pull the boat up there to.

10. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i will get some pic posted tonight sry guys been busy just got marryed this month and work but im up for meriitt fro sure been there a few times and is great

11. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    congrats on the marriage....best wishes all around

12. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I got married the weekend that we were supposed to do the MO river mini that's why I didn't make it. But congrats Chris and I hope you guys are as happy as Chrissy and I are.

13. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    i can not get them to laod on here so sry guys

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
  14. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    u want me to put the one you sent me on my phone on if i can find it

15. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    the fish is just to big to load......ahahahhahha I love it...... here all week boys:smile2::smile2::smile2:

16. bigmikeg

bigmikeg New Member

State:
    nebraska
    i wAs out their the following week.. talked to the guys at the trading post you must of been who they spoke of. we didn't do to well on cats but caught some. i was there in june did really good i think it was the 2nd week of june. by the way congrats on the big blue cat in the avatar. where did you get it at. also your phhoto looks familiar do you have some pics at that bait shop in nebraska city? i know i've seen you before you fish with larry's club on the river

17. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    yes there are pic there and i hade i have pic at the trading post to out there