Merritt Gathering 20X

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jrgriffhusker, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    May 25th thru 27th
    Well it's time to start planning. Since you guys had a good turnout at the lead pour and have had time to get to know each other. It's time to start planning car pools, food menus, and of course boat arrangments.

This should be a pre-spawn fish trip. Merritt offers just about every fish there is to catch there. Should make for an interesting fishing trip.

I will probably only have my two man bass boat to fish out of. And I'll probably only use it during the day because it has no lights. But it's fun for running around in tight spots and dropping bait in the middle of brush. I hope to see a lot of you there.

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ill have to see what the work schedule is when we get closer to the time and if i can swing the days off.. if so ill be there if not ill wish ill be wishin i could be.

3. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I thought it was in june????

4. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    either way....I plan on being there....but I'm not gonna make a bunch of plans for nothing....I'll I can say for sure is I'll have my boat with me and anyone up there is more than welcome to ride alone....

from all the info I got at the sinker pour none of the members that were there planning on going....so I wouldn't expect a big turnout....

5. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah waht happened to the last weekend of june??????? thats the only time i can go due to i can't make my vacation when gotta do it when they tell me... gotta save all my other time for fishingthe big river at night in july and august

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    maybe its a typo??

cuz his signature still says JUNE.

brainfart? multitask typing?

no worries

7. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    OPPS
    It is the last weekend in June. That was a big typo, brainfart, mistake, or whatever you want to call it. And like I said sorry I didn't make it to the pour.
    I should've went considering I didn't catch anything but one (1) fish and a cold. LOL Anyways see all who can make it and those that can't you'll be wishing you could. Hopefully we can have a big fish fry Sunday morning for breakfast.

8. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    good deal...I figured it was just a typo...

no worries about the sinker pour....there will be more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it will just be a few of us up there....since merritt is a drive for anyone...so boat space won't be an issue....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but don't get your hopes up for a big show....might just be me and u

9. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i think chris and i are going up

10. catfish clinton

catfish clinton New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Y'all mind if i tag along even tho i am the fng? I only live bout an hour and a half from merritt nd i would have no trouble making it.

11. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Heck we don't care if you live in TX ALL are welcome to come. And some local advise on where to fish might help us out a bunch. Be glad to have you Clinton.

12. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    where you live at clinton???

13. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Hey Frank I think he said that he lives in Norfolk. That's a big maybe tho. And I was thinking that if it's you, chris, jr, and I then that would be a good turnout. LOL It'd be nice if we had 200 members here in NE because then maybe we'd get a 50 person turnout. Oh well we should just be happy with our small group, could make us more like family. I think maybe Mark will try to make it also.

14. catfish clinton

catfish clinton New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    actually, i live in johnstown. its a little podunk town about 35 miles east of valentine.

15. Littlejoe

Littlejoe New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    But I do live close to Norfolk and although I am kind of new here I would like to attend. I have an old boat with an old motor but it runs ok, usually. Should be fun and I am looking forward to meeting you all and learning a bit.

16. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Well Joe you are more than welcome to show up, fish and hang with us. ALL are welcome. I hope we can get more than 5 people out there.
    I'm bringing my whole family (it's our vacation) so kids and wives are more than welcome. And if you aren't bringing kids than I hope mine don't drive you nuts. LOL

17. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    kids drive anyone nuts? never,LOL! I thought that why we had them,because we were bored and needed some stress. Still can't believe I'm sending one off to college this year, it's hard to let them go out in this crappy world by themselves, enjoy every frustrating minute with them!

18. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    this is a family trip for us as well....I will have the wife and both kids when we go...still feels like a year away tho....

19. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    4 months and counting. But I'm getting the itch NOW. I wish this damn ice would go away.
    I think I'm going to leave my boat behind, save gas money, so I hope someone else is bringing a boat and will let me ride along.

20. catfish_hunter01

catfish_hunter01 New Member

State:
    nonya
    Gas is supposed to be $3.50 - $4.00 per gallon by july 4.