Merrisach

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Butch, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Butch

Butch New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well this weekend I attended my first BOC gathering and it was a blast. I am new to the BOC and Shep invited me to go down with him. I met a lot of great people, and heard many good stories. I can't wait to get back out on the water with all of the people I met.

I have done quite a lot of fishing since I was a child, but really haven't had the opportunity to do much in the past few years since I joined the military and moved down here from West Virginia. It makes me happy to know that I have a new fishing family, and now I will be spending much more time out on the water. Thank you to everyone there for making me feel welcome and showing me a good time.

2. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Butch, Welcome to the Brotherhood. Make yourself at home and enjoy right along with us.

ST

3. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    :big_smile: Good to meet you Butch. But, being a little older and more mature, I must warn you.

This was my first gathering too. :embarassed: And, I did notice that there were some fishermen there. Being able to catch fish has nothing to do with being a fisherman!

You can tell a fisherman right off when he begins to talk and says "Now this is the truth", or "This really happened", or maybe "Shoot, when I was...". Oh, another good one is "Did you ever...". I thought I could spin a story but I have discovered that I am an amateur!

So you must beware!!! Trust nobody!!! Be alert at all times!!!
    And unless you open the cooler lid and see the fish, check for a grocery receipt when there is a fishfry. Of course when you open that cooler lid, it goes without saying you do it from an arms reach. :lol:

I hope you take this warning to heart and I will see you at another gathering someday.

Robert

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Butch, Welcome to the B.O.C. I sure wish I could made this gathering but the wife had my mine made up for me.

5. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Welcome Butch, really enjoyed the time at Merrisach. I hope you post often and enjoy your stay.

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Welcome aboard Butch! It was great meeting you at the gathering. You will want to attend many more! Sorry the fishing was not all that great, but it is the fellowship of the Brothers and sisters that make these meetings just as great. Hope to see you at several more.:big_smile: