MERRISACH , MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by coach, Dec 27, 2009.

1. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    a few of us are gonna meet at merrisach for a fishing trip to the misipy river .... everyone is welcome , and some boat rides will be available for those that don't have rides ................. we also plan on catching some skips below wdm along the way .................... for bank fishing people , it is a 8 mile drive to wdm from merrisach.....last august a lot of us pulled boats 25 miles from wdm to the ramp at merrisach to go to the misipy , so this seems like a reasonable compromise for everyone that wants to attend.....it is memorial day weekend , so , u may need to think about reservations pretty quick .................. as of tonite , all sites are available......

2. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    hey coach is that where Radish had us without enuff gas? id love to shoot up there, you or Radish got room in your boats? i need to nail down a boat ride before i commit. i am burnt out on the bank fishin.

3. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    LOL yep u got the spot marked in ur mind forever !!!!:smile2:... i have room for two ..... first two are welcome , third one has to go overboard lol

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    so are you planning to stay at the camp grounds at wdm? whats the deal? is this a weekend thang?

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    look go ahead and count me in. and as of now im planning to stick close to you so i know i'll be on the fish. so thats one in your boat. as a matter of fact, if you dont mind, id like to be on a site with you. we can split it and i'll know you'll be at arms lenth when its time to hit the water. what you think?

6. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Sounds good I will try to be there for sure.

7. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I'll be there Coach,,, is it May yet? Can you give the heads up on what camp sites,, so we won't be spread out all over the place :wink:

8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    I'm ready!!!

9. gonefishing

gonefishing New Member

State:
    Near Monroe LA
    Count me in

10. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    it is a 8 mile drive to wdm from merrisach

hmm, seemed a lot farther to me :roll_eyes: :wink:

11. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    here we go again, cant wait to see yall.

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Sounds good Coach talk to the hubby and we will be able to plan ahead! Thanks for the post and the heads up . Might just give me enough time to set things up

13. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    billy , back to wdm dam is only 8 miles ................... all the way around to the boat ramp from wdm is 25 miles ....... last i heard , a river has two sides ...... :wink: .......... bank guys will just be fishing on the opposite side they were fishing on from wdm campground .......:smile2:

14. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Bank fishing at Merrisach lake also isn't there coach

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Count me in Coach

16. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas

ok, just pokin fun at ya coach-----i really didn't know that you had access to WDM from the other side-----wife is talking like she may go this time. if she does i'm sure we'll get a motel room somewhere. i'm gonna have to toughen that woman up.

17. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    coach , ill check my screwey schedual and see if i can make it , swing shift makes it hard but i would sure like to join yall

18. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
    i will b there, unless i hafta work, and if i hafta work i might b sick (call in) i must have my priorities in order!!!!! thanks for the invite coach!!!!!

19. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Billy!!! that cause you driving at 5:00 in the dang morning trying to get on the river before the fish wake up!!!!!!!! Intense Mojo :crazy::tounge_out::wink:

20. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sounds like a good time Coach. I really had a good time a few years back when I got to make it to a couple of gatherings at WDM. It is too far for me to tow my boat from way down South Louisiana lol. I may try and make it and do a little bank fishing.:006: