Meremac with Secret 7

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Spills, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did pretty good on Sunday out on the Meremac around Valley Park. Caught a 10lb'er, and a bunch of smaller ones on the Team Catfish Secret 7. Fishing shut off around noon, but it was great fishing in the morning. Here is a pic of the big one I caught.

Attached Files:

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats on that catch, that is a great looking channel.

3. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    Nice fish but the heck is the Secret 7?

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Nice fish, thanks for the update.

5. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Nice Cat:big_smile: Chris, Secret 7 is supposedly a very good quality dip bait available from Team Catfish. Catfish Safari I beleive carries it as well and you can get it through their website. I have never used it, but I have read and seen many good results from members on here.

6. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    Oh thanks for letting me in on the secret!!

7. Ketchsumcatz

Ketchsumcatz New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The hole just downstream from the boat ramp? I've tried there a few times, and get nuthin but nibbles for my trouble!

8. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I have never tried it, but it would have to be better than Sonnys for me to change.

9. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well the secret 7 is the best dip bait I've ever used. I've never had much luck on it, until I tried this stuff. It's great for the rivers. I haven't had huge success with it in the lake, but in the river it seems to bring the cats in pretty quick.

10. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri

If you use the valley park ramp it's downstream about 1/2 mile or so where I caught the big one, however they were hitting all up and down that stretch of river. We fished from the ramp down to the creek/spillway from Simpson Lake. I'd say we caught about 30 or so most all of them in the morning.

11. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    I'd put it up against Sonnys anyday.:wink:

12. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Secret 7 is the best dip bait you are going to find on the market.I use it on the Missouri river and it works great.And like catfishchris said I would put it up against Sonny's any day.Just go to TEAMCATFISH.COM and order you some today you won't be dissappointed.Go to u-tube and watch some of Jeff's videos fishing with secret 7.Just type in Team Catfish.

13. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    I have never been a dip bait fan, just have never caught much on it... after trying the secret 7 the first time i was hooked.. fyi.. if you are in the st. louis area they carry it at the outpost bait shop.. at busch wildlife. It is a better deal to order it directly from team catfish website, but if you just want to see if you like it, they have small tubs of it at that bait shop.

14. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    I've had good luck on Secret 7.I found it at the baitshop at Busch Wildlife.

15. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Is that boat ramp in valley park accessible now, I have never put in there ?
    Also is it pretty safe to launch there ?

Might check it out tommorow.

16. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  17. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    Manny did you end up going out? how did you do.. i am thinking about going out for awhile this afternoon...

18. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Went out from GW ramp but didnt make it up that far. My depth finder was acting up and since i never ran that way i played it safe and stayed south of Denny Dennises I did catch a few dinks on Sonnys and about a 4.5lb channel on a live bluegill.

Until I get my new boat squared away with new equipment, Im playing safe. I would hate to put it up for the year torn up.( I wouldnt be able to sleep)

I imagine next year I will be able to figure that area of the Meramec out.

19. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri

It's not bad, BigBB and I went yesterday and launched at that ramp. The very end of that ramp has a bunch of sediment on it so your trailer has to go over that but all in all I've seen worse. There is a decent hole just down from the ramp that's about 11-12 feet deep. Not much but it's the deepest part I've seen around there.