Mercury Prop??

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Old Bill, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Hey Bubba,

Last week I found a old two-bladed prop in my boat junk pile. I believe it came with a old boat and a 1968 50 HP Mercury motor that a friend gave me.

I won't bore you all with the sad story about how much that dang "free" boat and motor cost me...just a person now would have to run real fast to give me any boat that has been sitting unused for 20 years!:crazy::crazy:

Anyway, the number on the prop is #48-32190-11 (the last "1" is hard to read so might be something else), and measures 11-inches across the blades. There is a brass splined washer with the prop, it's number is 12-9200.

Looks like there are 11 splines on the prop and washer, and it would fit a 5/8th inch shaft ( I think!).

Can you or anyone else tell me what kind of prop I have, what it might fit, and does it have any value?

Bill

Attached Files:

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I'll take those numbers and run them and see what I can come up with. I can tell you this, its for a small horse power motor and the washer is what was used to take the space up on the splines to make sure the nut had a lock on the prop.

3. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks Willard,

Any help will be appreciated.

Bill

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    The only 2 blade prop I can recall, was made for a 9.8 Merc.

Not saying there weren't others, it's just what I can recall, with my limited intelligence:cool2:

5. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks BobPaul.

The prop was in a bow storage compartment on a boat that had a Mercury 50 motor, so I just thought it might be for that motor.

It's dangerous when I start thinking!:crazy:

Bill

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bill All I can find out on the prop that it was made for small h/p outboards

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    they used to have a lot of 2 blade bronze props on mercs i had one on a 50,65,85,and115 h.p. but 11in. would be for a 50h.p. or 35h.p. :0a26::0a26::wink:

8. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Williard & Pat,

Thanks for your replies. I guess I'll tost it back into my junk pile!:eek:oooh:

Bill