Mercury Motor Question

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by hunterhnc20, Jun 16, 2008.

1. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    I have a 1994 Mercury 75 hp motor on my pontoon. I need to know where the idle is to adjust. It starts fine and idles fine but as soon as I go to put it in forward or reverse it stops running. That only if I go slow. If I push down on it into gear then it will run like a top, its just that little spot that it will quit running. Is it even the idle that I need to adjust. Thanks for all the help and info given.

2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    You might post this in Bubba's Outboards, Willard or Bob Paul will be able to give some advice. I'm betting that it's time for a carb cleaning and overhaul.

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    Sounds fuel related to me... carb dirty, maybe fuel filter. Have you changed the filter recently? I had an old Bucaneer that did something like this and once I changed out the lower unit gear oil and cleaned it up, it quit. Still haven't figured out that one.. Good luck!

4. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Go to marineengine.com. Their is a great discussion board where to post your question or chances are it has been already done then it is a matter of finding your answer. Definitely worth looking at.