Mercury Motor Question

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by hunterhnc20, Jun 16, 2008.

1. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 Member

Buffalo, West V
    I have a 1994 Mercury 75 hp motor on my pontoon. I need to know where the idle is to adjust. It starts fine and idles fine but as soon as I go to put it in forward or reverse it stops running. That only if I go slow. If I push down on it into gear then it will run like a top, its just that little spot that it will quit running. Is it even the idle that I need to adjust. Thanks for all the help and info given.
  2. dominoman

dominoman New Member

Dale, Texa
    You might post this in Bubba's Outboards, Willard or Bob Paul will be able to give some advice. I'm betting that it's time for a carb cleaning and overhaul.

3. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

McKinney, TX
    Sounds fuel related to me... carb dirty, maybe fuel filter. Have you changed the filter recently? I had an old Bucaneer that did something like this and once I changed out the lower unit gear oil and cleaned it up, it quit. Still haven't figured out that one.. Good luck!
  4. noj77

noj77 Member

Saint Peters, M
    Go to Their is a great discussion board where to post your question or chances are it has been already done then it is a matter of finding your answer. Definitely worth looking at.