Merced river Bagby

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by vini, Aug 25, 2008.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    no catfish but if you want to small mouth bass or large mouth then you need to go to Bagby, its mostly small mouth that i am seeing, I dive under water while dredging for gold and those bass are every where, use a spinner. I have seen them up to 5-6 pounds theres some really nice ones in there.

Go from bagby bridge which is on highway 49 heading to Coulterville, Go all the way back to around the campground you can go threw a gate way in the back and fish the primitive area( sign on gate says Primitive ) also just let the ranger know if you see him your just fishing, his names Bret or Brent and he's ok he'll let you go back, that area is mostly for dredgers but fisherman are welcome just make sure you sign in if you dont see him on the way in.

2. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    How do I get there im in fresno not sure where bagby creek is

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, good luck looking for gold

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Its the Merced river

Hwy 99 take the Le Grande exit right and keep right at the next road and follow all the way down you will see signs the rest of the way till you get to Bear Valley, hang a left on Hwy 49 in bear valley and that road will take you all the way down to Bagby you will see the huge bridge, hang a right before crossing the bridge and follow the road all the way back, you have to pay a $6.00 fee at the toll gate make sure you take your fishing license Brent will ask for it.

Use spinners small mouth every where and large mouth too, in December I believe the King salmon spawn up the river you are aloud to fish and take 5 I believe they are nice big fat fish I yet to catch any have to get them at the right time.

No prospecting this weekend be a few weeks before I can get back up, thanks hilljack

5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Vini! how are you doing buddy? Have you had any luck dredging? Hey Vini, let me know when you go for King Salmon, I have always wanted to catch salmon. Maybe I can convince Robb, Sean and Jordan to come along.

Jaime:wink: