Meramec River has dropped 6-8 feet

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by TheMadCatter, May 25, 2009.

1. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    went out last night did some fishing from shore, caught 2 flats. thought i would let everyone know the meramec has come down a lot since i was last on it thursday. current moving nice and easy, FINALLY.

2. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Great cant wait to get the boat out again, Arnold is sure slow about opening the ramps:confused2:

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Last year after the high water,I called the city 3 times to complain about the ramp.I finally got the right person to clean it.If the watr's down,I'll call them tomorrow.Hopefully,we'll be able to use Flamm by the week-end.

4. mofisher

mofisher Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been out in that area alot in the last couple years and always wanted to try fishing it. Does anyone have any advice on where to start, either off the bank or in a boat? I really don't need to catch monsters but I would like to have another place to wet a line. Does anyone ever fish the confluence where it flows into the Mississippi?

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    havent fished there but heard its pretty decent. i have good luck where 44 crosses over the meramec right next to 270. there are a good number of boat ramps on that river that would provide bank access. fish with live perch, crawdads for flats (just got a 17 pounder last weekend). liver, skipjack and crawdads have also gotten me some decent sized channels, 3-6 pound range.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I do believe Manny or Dredge would be the ones to answer your questions, at least far more qualified than I. Both actually do catch catfish out of the Meramec, while I on the other hand, gave up after years of trying. I can only remember one catfish caught. After many attempts at the confluence, I do not recall a single nibble there.
    Now, get me out on the Mississippi and ..........come to think of it, I aint any good there either.:sad2:

7. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    just an fyi...since ive posted this it is down way more than 8 ft. space to fish off the bank is increasing daily, and the bite seems to be picking right up. im catching at least 2 flatheads every time is fish it, and im only getting to spend 2 or 3 hours at a time lately. i am using only live bait (green perch), but tonight im gonna use some skipjack, crawdads (live), and some squid. i wanna see if there are any big channels roaming around. but dredge told me he finds blues in there from time to time, so who knows what will end up biting. once you start to learn that river a little bit it really will surprise you whats in it.

8. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    There are some deep holes up neer the hwy 21 bridge that have produced some very nice Blues. Watch out for them asian carp.Wish we could get rid of all of them