Meramec - Fenton

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by kennylee, Jul 11, 2008.

1. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    With the water back in it's banks and coming down fast, fishings starting to pick up. I netted an aray of bait in 6 or 7 casts, shad, blue gill, sun fish, crappie, bass, cat, carp. Caught nice 10# blue , 4# channel, 3# drum, and missed 2 good bites one wrapped up in a snag, one slipped the hook. All an all it was a good night, didn't get a soaking down pour and not to many jetskis and cruisers knocking me around.
    Heading out tonight to LOZ, hope to catch some nice cats and crappie.
    Good luck fishing.

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Sounds like you had a good day fishing. Good luck at LOZ Kenny.

Tom

3. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    You caught that on the Meramec in the Fenton area? If so be sure to send Ryan a PM telling him so. After the night we went out he swore to me there were no fish in the Meramec....lol:smile2:

4. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been tempted to stop and toss in a line after work down there, i work in that industrial park and i drive next to it everyday. I never see anyone out there but people flying around on speed boats and jet ski's

5. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    next time you guys go out and need company shoot me a PM

Mike i know theres some nice fish in there. We got to got a good picture and show Ryan that big fish swim in little rivers too

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I know they do guys, they just weren't there that night.:smile2: They were swimming around in corn fields and county roads. I am going to fish the the Riverbend tourney this weekend so I will let you know if there are any fish in that lake or not.:wink:

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Willie anytime you want to head out on the Meramec just give me a ring and if I'm not tied down to something else we're there. I have no objection to putting the boat in anywhere there is enough water especially when it's in my own back yard.:wink:

8. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Good luck Ryan, I planned on fishing it also but things keep poppin up.

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Thanks Mike, The Meramec isn't that far from me. Its not the back yard but closer then the boat club.......hehehe

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

theres fish there too. Just follow the locals. They keep talking about this stump field. Thats got to be the ticket

11. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    How far can you make it up the Meramec with a prop boat? I have never been around the lower parts and was wanting to give a shot with my "out of town" brother. What ramps are open?

TIA,
    Mike

12. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Where you putting in at Mike?

13. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I haven't determined put in yet, was hoping for advice. My brother likes to lure sling, so probably more to the upper part of the boating water. But figure on using whatever the net brings for cat & misc. Will be in 1754/75hp.

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I'm not sure what the water looks like now with the way its been dropping. I'd guess you would be pretty safe from Valley Park on down, just be careful it will go from 20 foot deep to 3 foot deep real quick. When the water was up I put the boat in at the Valley Park ramp and went up river all the way to Eureka. Doubt if thats possible now, but the further up river you go the better water you'll find for those that like to sling lures. :wink:

15. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    As for ramps, they should all be open now, but I'd stay away from George Winter Park as hot as it is today the jet skiers will be out in force I'm sure.:crazy:

16. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I'll probably be going during the week. We're both retired. Is Valley Park ramp good to go during normal river levels?

17. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I don't know Mike, my boat is a deep V with a prop so I don't get it out on the Meramec much unless it's down toward Arnold. I know when I went over the Meramec earlier this evening on 141 in Valley Park you could see the river rippling so it must be pretty low through there again. The only time I've ever use that ramp is when the river was flooded and all the other ramps were closed due to high water.

18. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    Thanks Malichi,

I'll head to Valley Park in the a.m. and if there isn't enough water, I'll just head to the next ramp downstream and so on. This will be an investigative trip as much as anything.

Always say you're going on an "Outing", that way if you get out of the driveway it's already a success!

Mike

19. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Mike, I run a 18.5' Nitro and can put in @ vallypark/kirkwood ramp if the waters @ 3 foot at the vallypark gage. I dont go up steam to far from the ramp, afraid of finding shallow water the hard way, with all the recent rain the river is @ 8 feet today and you should have no proplems putting in and getting around. If you do put in at kirkwood ramp go down stream around the first bend about a 1/4 mile and on the right there is a spillway from the park lake, cast your net around there and you'll get all the bait you need. If you have trouble finding the spillway look up on top of the hill on the left and you'll see a huge house and the spillway is directly across the river. Good luck