Meramac River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bodie, Apr 24, 2009.

1. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wanting to put my boat in at George Winter Park on the Meramac. I have a prop boat and I was wandering how far I could run with it. I know the river is full of rocks and shallow.

2. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    You should be able to run all yhe way past Fenton,up near Eureka.The deep channel is off toward the right side of the river.Be carful near the islands,this is shallow water.Take it slow past them,trim your motor up.After that,it's easy.You can get shad around the islands,however.

3. TheMick

TheMick New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I put in at GW all the time and run up river from there. I also have a prop motor and you should be able to make it pretty far up the river without any problems. There are 2 areas to watch out for on your way.
    About 1/4 of a mile from the 270 Bridge it gets pretty shallow. Also right after the 141 bridge it gets very shallow as well. Make sure you are careful right there as it can get down to a foot or two depending on the river levels. I havent been on the river in a week, so its hard to say how low it is. We havent had too much rain recently so i bets its pretty low. Just keep an eye on your depth finder and you should be good.

4. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    hey mike this is kevin id like to go do some serious cattin when you think we could get together and go do some ?

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
  6. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am looking at it to go and shoot some gar with a bow. How far down can you run?

7. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i assume you mean alligator gar. is there alligator gar in the meremac? im not sure on that one my friend. i believe the closest youll find any is way south (wapapello area). there are other species of gar, but im not sure on those gators.

8. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is some big longnose in there. I do like shooting them. Also gives me a reason to go fishing when I am visiting the in-laws

9. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    you'll miss them anyhow!:smile2: Water is high enough now. When you coming down?

10. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    May 15,16,17. You be around?

11. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i hear that the longnose get pretty thick in the gasconade pretty soon, but i havent fished for them to know for sure

12. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    They should be getting thick on the Meramec about now too, we killed a ton of them last year about this time. My friend got one that was about 42" long.

13. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri

I am looking for the 60" mark. I know they are in that river.