mepps for large mouth

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by daredevle, Mar 8, 2008.

1. daredevle

daredevle New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hello brothers and sisters i was thinking of trying mepps or roster tails for bass can anybody give some good types i should use or what technice sorry cant spell lol any thanks :big_smile:

2. LIP YANKER

LIP YANKER New Member

State:
    kansas
    mepps spinners are one of my go to lures on ponds and smaller lakes for largemouth and whites.they are a great all around lure

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    mepps spinners are good lil baits. The bite here is on rogues and crank baits.( wiggle warts)

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Don't leave home without your Mepps Black Fury Spinner. LOL Largest I've caught on one is 7 lbs - and in Oklahoma thats a decent bass.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    The Mepps Spinner does a great job. It works bet in warmer water ,72* plus. When the fish are active they will travel farther to hit that bait. Does not work as good in colder water.

6. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i didnt know catfish it those,lol..

7. ckruger1005

ckruger1005 New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    Have had good luck with medium to bigger size spinners for largemouth and smallmouth bass. But be ready, the northern pike seem to like them as well. You'll definately know the difference if they hit it.

8. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I usually keep it simple. #3 Mepps Agila bucktail, silver if the water is clear, gold if it isn't. If I'm not happy with the reaction of the fish, I'll try a #3 in firetiger or another hot color. If that doesn't work, it's time to try something different, or move. One thing to keep in mind is they twist line something terrible, so always use a ball-bearing swivel. Also, I sharpen the hooks before they ever go near the water.

9. Migrator83

Migrator83 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I have really good luck with the inline spinners, for largemouth, stripers, and whites!! I seem to have the best luck with anything with a dressed tail and a holographic finish.

10. indycatfishguy

indycatfishguy New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Buy some Skoll Wintergreen Chew and it might taste nasty but its worth trying .. Put alittle bit of chew in ur mouth and chew for a second and spit it out into a cup or something where u can dip the worm is the chew spit ..I have done this on sugar creek in indy and I caught a bunch of large mouth and rock bass .. Let me know how it works for you .. Good luck ..

COry

11. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I've had good success with the aglia for slower shallower fishing, and the black fury for quicker deeper fishing

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    black fury and red and white work very well. i think was mepps made a snagless spoon, tip it with a plastic worm and pull it through the weeds, it's great.