Menominee michigan

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by davesoutfishing, Jun 28, 2006.

1. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    any good cat places to fish around this town?

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Holy Crap man, your talking so far up North from where I live, that God has a hard time finding it. Accually, It's on the Wisconsin Boarder. I've never fish in that area of the State, But the Menominee River flows Right through the town of Menominee into Lake Michigan. That's where I would give it a try. Ask some questions at the local bait shop. The problem you might have, most of the fisherman up in the U P fish for Walleye, Salmon, and Trout. I don't think the Yooper's even know what a Catfish is!

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    They have no idea but you ask them about trout!

4. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    lol man maybe moving thier real soon guess Im gonna have to show what good fish is lol thanks guys

5. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    If you're serious about moving up there, you'll have the time of your life. Coming from Iowa, it might be a bit of a culture shock, but it is beautiful country up there. You'll be close to Wisconsin, so you won't get Yooper Fever! LOL
    Sparky

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Dave,
    If and when you do move up there, keep us posted. There are Big Flatheads in Lake Michigan in our Rivers on the West side of the Lower Penn. So who knows, maybe they will have gone North. As a matter of fact, with all those Yooper's trout fishing, you may have the catfish all to yourself. Maybe you'll be fishing in Michigan's best kept secret.
    Keep us posted!
    Sparky

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Dave,
    For 6 years my brother lived in Marquette. He knew a lot of folks who fished channel cats there and they do EXTREMELY well and have GREAT numbers. The majority fish Walleye, Pike and Burbot, depending on the time of the year, but some do go for cats there and average 10+ pounders often.
    I hear there is a series of dams on that river and the fishing is best between em.

PM me and I will set you up with a yooper fishing website where I got to know a few of my brother's fishing buddies. I dont want to spam the BOC... but for such a specific location, you do sort of need to go where the locals go for information- then bring that info back here and share it with us!!!!!!!

Guys, its about a 8 or 9 hour drive from most of you, and thats why I didnt talk much about it, as its easier to go south and get flatties and blues too, but this is sorta one of those places like quannacassee from what I understand- consistent big cats. I still have not fished it, but from the word I hear, it is supposedly a goldmine. Nobody targets cats directly save for a few rare folks.

Good luck. Tell us how you do there.

Sal

8. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    we will be up their july 15 till the 22nd if anyone wants to fish lemme know also if anyone would wanna go looking at houses with us lol I would really like to get someone in the area show us aournd lol thanks for all the help and info Dave

9. davesoutfishing

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    well the word finally came we are leaving tuesday the 25 th around 4 am headin up that way gonna be a long haul lol

10. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    WELCOME brother looking forward to fishing with ya