mendota slough

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Real men fish, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Real men fish

Real men fish New Member

State:
    california
    I am almost depressed to say that the mendota slough sucks when it comes to any kind of fishing, i seen all the boc members, and i swear if i never fish the slough again i think i dont care. i remember when i use to catch big and many fish. now nothing, not even a bite, im all most depressed.:tounge_out:

2. low desert jonathan

low desert jonathan New Member

State:
    California
    What is it a fishing trip or just a party ? I think everybody just wants to have a good time:wink:LDJ

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Sorry bout the bad trip. It happens sometimes. A lot of times the fish are in different locations and we just have to search for them. As far as gatherings are concerned and meetings most of the time it is for socializing and having some fun away from work, home, and such and such. Catching a fish is just an added bonus for that matter.

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    just got back home from the slough for the gathering and it was great. If i remember daystarchris invited you to the gathering we were all out there same tme as you, and we caught fish

5. Real men fish

Real men fish New Member

State:
    california
    i know he did and i am very apperciative of all the kind invites, i brought my cousin who is going through a bad split up so we were down the way drinking and such, so we will fish sometime, im thinking about maybe going to hensley next weekend, i want all who can go join us. im excited to hear you caught fish there, i hope to see some pics soon. :tounge_out:

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I hear you brother. It can suck, so then you must go mobile to find the fish. Friday a guy caught a couple of 20+" stripers, Sean and Ray caught a couple of pretty nice kittys. Don't give up out there. Like to hook up with you and hopefully put you on some fish. There are somenice fish out there. :wink:

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I for one am not giving up! I have been trying to catch a fish at the Sleugh for a couple of years now with no luck. You are right Robb, you must be mobile.

Jaime

8. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    The pics are in the central valley classic thread, somewhere in the last 15 pages.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    All that I have to say about it is:
    "There's No Way That I Throwing In The Towel on the Slough"

Just like someone else said in another post - "Catching the fish is a bonus"-"We all have a good time out there"

Now don't get me wrong - every time I'm out there - I want to catch the biggest fish in the slough - He11 - it like that for anyone of us when we go fishing.
    (and if anyone out there reading this say that it not like that for them - well, lets face it ... there lying - :confused2:) lol
    But...if I don't....it not the end of the world.
    Because (Got willing) I'm going to keep on coming down to Mendota Slough(From the SF/OAK Bay Area), to be with the rest of the BOC Brothers & Sisters because we know how to have a good time.
    :wink:
    And just think about it...I didn't even say anything about all of the good food & new friends that's there too.
    :wink:
    So you got to join us one at one of those Gathering Buddy. I would like to meet you.
    "So don't give up - don't ever give up"!
    :0a23:

10. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    nothin else i can add on your post Bert , great!!!

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Well said Bert; Rep points heading your way.:wink:
    I fell in love with Sleugh first time I layed eyes on it. I love going the Sleugh that I drive 250 one way;but thats just me. I know there is a DD channel with my name on it

Jaime