Mendota Slough on 28th of August

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Aug 3, 2009.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Looks like the bridge will be open and planning on hitting the Slough on Friday 28th of this month. Anyone want to fish the slough with me back there on the other side. It will be an over nighter:wink:

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I'd say count me in... but I'm not sure if I have a job or not.... school is sapose to start early in Aug.... I can do a fri.sat night....

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I know for sure I am good on Friday the 28th. Don't know for sure If I am good on the 29th. I might be able to stay out there on the 29th too.

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I notice some schools is doing that. Mines is after labor day. Lynwoods from a friend is end of this month. The way things are now I have to cut back on a lot of things especially fishing. More than likely you will have a job. I was on edge for a while until end of June and still have to hope our enrollment does not drop, or staff will be moved or dropped.

B

5. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I'm there, count me in. That bridge is only open 2 weekends out of the year so you know I'm going. I plan on doing the panfish thing out there this year and only fish for cats at night.:wink:

6. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Its not an enrollment thing Blue.... the personnell director and principal is out to get me.... got two letters to dismiss..... got a CTA attorney out of orange cty.... I got lots of things in my favor.... but these "bitches" want me out....

See how it all goes....I'm on leave now with pay....so to speek

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I plan on taking the Fri the 28th off. I can get out there early and grab that one spot at the canal T's into the river:wink:

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Well thats total BS. Hopefuly it will work out. Union should be on top of that for you. Now is not the time to transfer I know that especially losing seniority and pay grade. Thats why Im still in L.A. At least for the time being. :eek:oooh:

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I will have to pass on this one, wont get back from Canada until the 29th

10. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Should be some fabulous fishing in Canada. I want to try it one day, especially the Red River.

11. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Yea there is but unfortunetly Blue, I will be there for work not fun:sad2:

12. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I would like to go to this one, right now lookin like I can. I don't know how to get there, but I'm hopin I can make it. Sounds like a good time,

Speaking of fishing the Red River up there, I just got a call last night about the Fargo ND area, there is a tournament there every year about the first of Aug time frame, $4000.00 prize for biggest fish. I been invited to it, I can't brag about my abilities tho. I hope I can get there next year for that,

13. gilmafam

State:
    California
    4lb at the max Bulldog.... 2 is like your going to show em which way is up and which direction by the way "you lead them around".... nice "soft tip" on the pole..... get rid of the cat pole for these boys....

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Aug 28th-30th will be the last weekend the gates will be open. So who wants to fish?

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    That is the ticket if you enter good luck on that. A buddy went there and got 20-30 pound channels with ease. Beautiful channels at that. Suppose to be one of the best places around for husky channels.

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    They will be opening up the gate. I just talked to Mendota DF&G. Looks like the Monday the 24th-30th:wink: They said it may open up early like the 17th, but are not certain about that:confused2: So it looks like I will head out there early Friday morning on the 28th to fish the otherside of the slough.

17. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I'll be out there Saturday after my son's football game. Friday if there is no game that weekend. Can't wait for that. It's fun exploring new fishing spots.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Cool, now I just need to find someone to spend the night out there with me on Friday. Any takers?:wink:

19. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Maybe Bert would be able to come down for that. I know he would like to fish those back canals for some bass, crappie, and gills. That is definitely my game plan. Fred will probably come out too.

As far as Friday goes, I will try and make it. If not just take a teddy bear with you to cuddle with.:smile2:

20. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey Robb, what is the date.

Jaime