Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Steve,
Brian and I did pretty good Friday night. Caught 6 channels all going over 4 lb. and the biggest going over 10 lb. Weather cooled down so its looking pretty tempting again. LOL

Robb

·
Registered
James N ... Central California.
10,294 Posts
Hello Rob ...I think with this cool weather and the rain we had today it should real help out,I'am going out tommorow to one of the smaller canal's over here I'll let you guy's know how i did as soon as i get back.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What technique are you guys using out there mainly? I gave up on Mendota a year or two ago. Nothing but tiny >2lbs the last 3 or 4 trips I went. I use anchovies and liver from the shore. I never went too far back, maybe a boat is the trick? I used to catch a few large fish over off Bass ave but enjoyed the area better back at the refuge. I know there are tons of guys out there, what am I missing?

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Bro... Just sent you a PM. Dude... I have a boat and I do better from shore. lol!!!! It is the spot you fishing and bait as well. I use a sliding sinker with a 12-18 inch leader with chicken liver or a dip bait worm with Sonny's or Rusty's dip bait. If I am out of the dip, I am forced to use the stand by (Hog wild).
Yep, we catch those 2# too, but we often get the larger ones over 4# up to double digit (like last friday). Be more than happy to turn you on to some of our spots.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Robb,
Saturday night did well again, I am goign to head out again either tuesday or wednes night, let me know if you are game. i need to place an order to get some more sonny's tommarrow, i might have it expressed shipped.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You went out sat night too? How ya do? Which hole did ya hit? I will let you know about next week. I am just gonna order a big tub of Sonny's blood dude. I love that stuff. On crackers too. Hey... What a metero shower Friday night. AWESOME!

·
Registered
503 Posts
My dad duck hunts up there. Last year he told me he tripped over a catfish while wading that was easily over 50lbs, is this true ? Are there some fatties in there ? My dad is a big guy, 6 foot 7 and fishes, so he knows his stuff. That is really erie if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Muskyman,
I have fished there a few years now regularly. According to fish and game there are a lot of 20# plus pound cats in the water. So could it be true possibly. Another possiblility wpuld be a carp, tons of those monsters in Mendota, big ones too.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
mendota fishing report for Wednesday was 2 stripers, 3 cats, and 1 huge bluegill. Smaller stripers harassed the liver lines throughout the day and night and the cats were on a slow steady bite on Sonny's. No huge cats to speak of on the night all 1-4lber's. The stripers, 1=18" and 1=17". Bluegill was one of my biggest approx 11/2lbs-2lbs. Fairly decent day overall.

Headed out again tonight

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Went out last night again with Robb and Vince. 8 cats all smaller. The bridge is now opened and i allowing for access to the back areas.

Just for a reminder for everyone. In two weeks the gates close to the wildlife refuge for hunting season adn we won't be able to fish those waters again until Feb/MAr time frame.

-Brian

1 - 20 of 244 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.