Mendota Slough Catfish Report - Updated Catfishing Reports

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Howdy Brothers!!!
    I figured to start a Mendota Slough Report. Anyone fish the slough this weekend? Report here.

Robb

2. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    I got skunked the last 2 times I went out. :(

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Steve,
    Brian and I did pretty good Friday night. Caught 6 channels all going over 4 lb. and the biggest going over 10 lb. Weather cooled down so its looking pretty tempting again. LOL

Robb

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Hello Rob ...I think with this cool weather and the rain we had today it should real help out,I'am going out tommorow to one of the smaller canal's over here I'll let you guy's know how i did as soon as i get back.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Cool James, Let us know. It was great chatting with you in the chat room. I know we will hook up soon. Good luck today.

Robb

6. theaudiowiz

theaudiowiz New Member

State:
    Coarsegold, Ca
    What technique are you guys using out there mainly? I gave up on Mendota a year or two ago. Nothing but tiny >2lbs the last 3 or 4 trips I went. I use anchovies and liver from the shore. I never went too far back, maybe a boat is the trick? I used to catch a few large fish over off Bass ave but enjoyed the area better back at the refuge. I know there are tons of guys out there, what am I missing?

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Bro... Just sent you a PM. Dude... I have a boat and I do better from shore. lol!!!! It is the spot you fishing and bait as well. I use a sliding sinker with a 12-18 inch leader with chicken liver or a dip bait worm with Sonny's or Rusty's dip bait. If I am out of the dip, I am forced to use the stand by (Hog wild).
    Yep, we catch those 2# too, but we often get the larger ones over 4# up to double digit (like last friday). Be more than happy to turn you on to some of our spots.

8. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Robb,
    Saturday night did well again, I am goign to head out again either tuesday or wednes night, let me know if you are game. i need to place an order to get some more sonny's tommarrow, i might have it expressed shipped.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You went out sat night too? How ya do? Which hole did ya hit? I will let you know about next week. I am just gonna order a big tub of Sonny's blood dude. I love that stuff. On crackers too. Hey... What a metero shower Friday night. AWESOME!

10. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    i fished the same hole as we finished off at friday night along with a couple of others. Did fairly well, 3 cats 2 stripers. Missed a couple of good hits.

11. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    My dad duck hunts up there. Last year he told me he tripped over a catfish while wading that was easily over 50lbs, is this true ? Are there some fatties in there ? My dad is a big guy, 6 foot 7 and fishes, so he knows his stuff. That is really erie if you ask me.

12. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Muskyman,
    I have fished there a few years now regularly. According to fish and game there are a lot of 20# plus pound cats in the water. So could it be true possibly. Another possiblility wpuld be a carp, tons of those monsters in Mendota, big ones too.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here are a few picts from the Slough.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I don't know what happened???? Hum.... Maybe they are too big?

15. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Hey Robb,
    Wednesday night at the slough.......you game for fishin?

_Brian

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Brian, so how you do last night??? Where did ya fish at? Was the gait open over the bridge? Maybe I can get out there with you next wed? Let me know.

Robb

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Wiz.. We (vince, Brian and I) are getting together this evening at the slough. You are your buddy(s) are more than welcome. Call me 276-2149
    cell 348-7730

Robb

18. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    mendota fishing report for Wednesday was 2 stripers, 3 cats, and 1 huge bluegill. Smaller stripers harassed the liver lines throughout the day and night and the cats were on a slow steady bite on Sonny's. No huge cats to speak of on the night all 1-4lber's. The stripers, 1=18" and 1=17". Bluegill was one of my biggest approx 11/2lbs-2lbs. Fairly decent day overall.

Headed out again tonight

19. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Went out and fish James RD last night with RObb and Vince. Caught three cats. Lot of bites though. Area looks excellent and I will be going back soon to explore.

20. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Went out last night again with Robb and Vince. 8 cats all smaller. The bridge is now opened and i allowing for access to the back areas.

Just for a reminder for everyone. In two weeks the gates close to the wildlife refuge for hunting season adn we won't be able to fish those waters again until Feb/MAr time frame.

-Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.