Mendota Part II Report

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Capt Steve, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    I fished at James Rd about 3 hours this morning before joining the guys at the pipe site. Caught a few channels on clams until I ran out of bait. Looked like everybody was catching lots of channels today.

Attached Files:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Capt...Look's like a fish fry is in order now:wink:

3. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    See you all in the AM Fish04
    Don

4. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    How the fishin guys?
    Fish04
    Don

5. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I just got home from the Mendota trip and boy was it a great one,The Cali boys did it up great, you cant ask for a better group of guy's to fish with. I would like to thank Robb,Sean,Bert,Bayrunner Ray,Jaime,Anthony and Pistol Pete for showing me a good time. Here is a few pics

Attached Files:

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Thanks to fisho4 and captain steve for stopping by and meeting up with us.
    In the first pic is fish04 in the left with big hat and his buddy mudcat on the far right, last pic is fullmoon with a nice channel. middle pic is Sean catman(cali) with is game face on.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  7. fish04

fish04 New Member

State:
    Ca.
    It was very nice to meet all you guys Friday and today. You guys are a real hoot to be around. We will need to meet up with you all again. I guess Mudcat and I are trying to go out there Monday to fish early.
    Fish04
    Don

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well recuperated a lil over night. Had a great time out there. Ray's chili verde and his wifes egg rolls where the hit of the food. Let me tell you they were good. :wink: Thanks Ray for coming down and feeding us. The hats are awesome too.
    Well Had a good time. Fullmoon took the pool for largest cat. It was an 8 1/2 pound channel on live crawdad. Don (fish04) stopped by sunday and shot the s*@% with me and Ray Sunday morn.
    Weather was beautiful friday. It actually got lil nippy at night:cool2: Saturday was a lil warmer but doable. There was a breeze blowing and shade so that helped. It turned out great:wink:

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Sounds like a great time, guys.
    I wanted to be there but I was needed elsewhere.
    Hope I'll be able to come next time.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Yea I had a nice time out there (as always:wink:-lol) - I'm at Big Sean house right now, came over here yesterday after I left Mendota. We went to get something to eat Sunday after leaving the slough & I hung-out at his place after that. I got to meet Sean's son ("The Little Champ") & we talked a little football & let me tell you, he knows his sports (Sean school him well on that :wink:). I will be able to give you most on the Gathering & put together a photo album on it when I get home.
    :0a23:

Take it easy fellows & Thanks Robb for putting that together for all of us :0a31::0a31:

Bert (Shania)

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Glad you all had a great time. I will be up there soon. I been wishing I was fishing lately but other life matters come along sometime. Keep those northern reports rolling I will soon be on my way strolling.

12. soeurm

soeurm New Member

State:
    Fresno, CA
    I didn't make it but my cousin was at the slough on Sunday.

Attached Files:

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Where he get those clams? Those are some nice ones. We were looking for you. Had the banner up and a cold beer for you:wink: /there is alwaye next one brother Sam:wink:

14. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey gang, I sure had a great time.... Actually, it was the first time that I got out of town camping without the RV in years.... did the sleep thing in the car as Bert and I have problems on the hard ground.... I brought some things to make the experience "cooler" and ended up not needing the big fan and the "Inverter" that I brought....

Actually had to much beer, with 30 cans for the two nights that I was there....Had some burbon to cover the evenings...LOL

Met some nice guys that were new to me... "pistol Pete" and friend Mai, "fullmoon"... (the butt man) who took notes of everyting trying to save his voice box....

Good to chat some with "Fishernet" Don..."fish04", and of corse the regulars...Bert, Robb, Jaime, and the "in-and-out" Captn. Steve that made his usual show-up with a good show of cats in tow....:wink:

here are some pics....

15. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Mendota crawdads.... there for the picking... Pistol Pete did well with liver and a net...

some more pics...

16. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Glad to here everybody had a great time and that the heat of the day was not that bad...Good food Good friend's Good fishing And cold beer :smile2: That's what it's about.

17. gilmafam

State:
    California
    No Maus... I mean no Mosquitos.... I'm sure it was the other side of the pipe was out of water....:wink:

more pics...

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Always good to meet old and new members alike:wink: Had some good food and conversation. Some beer and some bourbon Friday night:wink:

19. gilmafam

State:
    California
    Lots of dust on the road which ran right through the camp.... Our Banner let em know who we were....

some more pics...

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I am saving the pics to put together a you tube video. If you got any more ray, post em here or e mail em to me. I am waiting for Bert to get back to post his pictures.

Thanks for the pics Bayrunner Ray:wink: