Mendota on 8/29

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by janzaldo, Aug 21, 2008.

1. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hello everybody, hope all is well. Well just wanted to start a new post for the 29th. if ya don;t mind me asking who is going? You guys have camping equipment? oN WHAT DATE ARE YOU GUYS PLANNING ON SHOWING UP? a bQ GRILL WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL along with cooking utensils (not sure on the spelling)

Jaime

2. raildan

raildan New Member

State:
    ca
    whats up jaime,hope everythings ok with your oldman.i going to try to make it on the 29th hopefully,i have two of my boys in football right now:cool2: so my weekends are a little busy.i know at the gathering i could'nt stay to long but i had a great time:smile2:.

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Daniel! hope you can make it as well. It was really nice to meet you and your son. I should be there by 9-10am.
    My dad 's health is improving! Yesterday, he was down graded from the ICU unit to the observation unit(one step lower than critical) Thanks for asking Daniel.

Jaime

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Cool"! - Now that is how I like to start off my day - "With Good News"!
    :wink:

5. Catfishhunter85

Catfishhunter85 New Member

State:
    Fresno, CA.
    Hello everyone,
    I plan on showing up saturday morning around 9 or 11, ok before noon:roll_eyes: and then fish the night away:big_smile: Til I fall asleep in my chair:smile2:

6. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Hey jaime im in and I can bring my BBQ and utensils and whatever really stoked about the trip me robb and his brother in law are trying to nail them tonight 8/22 hope we kick some butt!!

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Cool deal Jordan! Your Bq grill will come in handy. How do burgers sound? Did ya have a chance to read about my desert burgers?
    Glad ya coming on Sat Catfish hunter 85(Derek) doubt you be sleeping with all the fish we will be catching!:big_smile:

Jaime

8. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Actually I did those sound killer man I am going to bring a few different kinds of meat im tryin to get good at Q you know?

9. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Jaime,
    Glad to hear about your pops. I know that has got to be somewhat of a relief for you and your family. I'm going to bring an eight man tent, small bbq pit, meat, beer, and hopefully some good luck. Maybe someone can pick up some plates, napkins, plasticware, etc.

Jordan,
    I should be out there to meet you guys tonight. My boy is kind of unsure at this point, but I may just smash out there by myself. I will get off @ about 5:00pm. I talked to Robb on the phone last night about it and where to go. I will either be in a tan T-Bird or a white Malibu. I'll be flashing my brights as I'm coming in past the bridge so keep an eye out. I'll have my phone with me, my number is (559)433-7899. I got Robb's # so I'll call him when I'm on my way. See ya later.

Sean!

10. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Those burgers sound off the hook. You're gonna have to show me how to make those. Looking forward to tasting them.

Message for everyone:
    If you're bringing something please post it so we know who's bringing what. That way we can work on figuring out what we still need. Thanks.

Sean!

11. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks Sean! I am bringing beer, hamburger meat, condaments for the burgers,case of water, soda pop,sandwich bread, lunch meat, one packet of paper plates and lighter fluid(bought some for the fire pit) I plan on sleeping in my truck. For bait I will bring two mackerls, anchovies, Secret 7 dip bait. I was thinking of buying some dog food for chumming.
    You guys big on breakfast? I remember last gathering we had,Tom cooked some eggs and pork chops. WTG Tom

Jaime

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I will be there for sure bro. May not be able top spend Sat night though. Let you know why later. Play it by ear.

13. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    HI Robb, no worries brother. I will make sure to take my little friend.:wink::wink:
    I hope Sean and Jordan can still camp out untill Sunday.

Jaime

14. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I will try to make it friday evening IF I can talk Jenn into it how long are you guys staying out there might have to be saturday its gonna be blazing this weekend I got burnt to a crisp this last weekend took my dang shirt off and my back was like rose petal red in color by the end of the day:crazy:

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I hear you Vince. Friday is projected to be the hottest at 106. And 104 on sat. I got a nice tan out there the other day. Bring a lot of water. Lol!!!

16. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Oh yeah im in for sure I do have to work though sat morning and friday but I am in for sure I can crash saturday at the slough but probably not friday its up in the air I will be there all weekend pretty much

17. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Dang Vini, that even hurts me!
    It will be good to see you again buddy.

Jaime

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Bros, well... I got good news and bad news. I just got off the phone with my dad's Dr. They finally diagnosed his condition along with Menengitis he has a condition called Encyphalitis what that is an inflamation of the brain that changes the normal blood flow to the brain; He scheduled to leave the hospital within the next few days! My dad has a long recovery with physical therapy. I need to speak with my dad's case manager to arrange physical therapy for my dad. He is most likely need to go to inpatient. So with a heavy heart I will not be able to make to the Mendota Sleugh on 8/29.:sad2:
    I need to be there when my dad gets discharged and take him to the inpatient physical therapy facility and over see that operation. All of this is going to take place within the next few days. I hope all of you understand my situation. My parent's mean the world to me.

Jaime

19. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    BROTHER OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR FAMILY....I LOVE TO SEE OTHERS LOVE THERE PARENTS AS MUCH AS I DO!!!...i thought I was the only one who is 22 and kisses his momma and daddy lol

20. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    God Bless your family and you Jamie take care of your dad's need's first.... him and your mom are really going to need you there right now, So take care buddy.