Mendota Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, Jul 31, 2009.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Looks like you guys Had a lot of fun and caught a lot of Fish at the Mendota Gathering. I wish I could have been their,But I just can not stand that heat, I seen in the Video that someone caught some Craw fish, and I was wondering if they were caught their where you guys fished. speaking of the video, thanks Rob for the great job you did on that video, you have a talent. I hope I can make the next gathering when it cools off just a bit. Man that water in the duct is heating up right now and making the fish go crazy. I heard from a friend of mine that a 30 Pound channel was cough this week just out of Taft, I hope to get a picture of it and if I do, I will post it on hear for all to see. If that's true, It's is the biggest Channel Cat I have heard of caught out of the Aqueduct.

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Slick, you missed a good one. It was hot out there though:smile2: The crawdads came from the slough were we were fishing. Pistol Pete got em. They were excellent bait:wink:

30#cat? thats a big one. Love to see picts of that:wink: Wonder what it was caught on?

3. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Robb.
    I sure would like to have been their, maybe next time. I would like to make it back up their before the Craw fish go away for the winter. they said that 30 pound channel was caught on chicken liver.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2009