Mendota Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by wishrman, Apr 22, 2009.

1. wishrman

wishrman New Member

State:
    california
    Are we there yet? Is this home? Anyway we should all be back by now and great times were had by all. Some nice fish were caught but not enough fish to go all the way around, yes some of us got SKUNKED bad. The food was great,(Seans Grandma made us a potato salad that was killer). Not enough sleep to go around either, guess that means a great time. Cant wait for eveyone else to start posting their side of what happened. I missed some while there and had to leave early,"wife fine,broke leg getting out of shower and stepping on dog,dog fine too" O.K whose next?

2. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Well B.O.C. Family - "I'm Back from the Mendota Slough Gathering" & Just like all of the other Gatherings - "I had a Blast"!

I arrived to the city of Fresno on April the 16Th at about 5:15pm, and was met by my boy "Sean" (Catfish Cali) & right away I knew that It was going to be a fun & crazy time because he met me at the Amtrak Station with a big sign with my name on it (lol) - like the ones that limo drivers have at the airports when they are there to pick up a big businesses person or a big time sports player .
    (lol:smile2:)
    Anyway Back To the Gathering.
    Sean & I arrive to the Mendota Slough & was greeted by "The Godfather & the man that put it all together for us all" - "Big Robb". Also there to greet us were "Tom" (Plumbertom1) - Anthony (Fullmoon)& family (that was getting some nice fish from the shore) & Steve (Wishrman). After all of the hand shakes & hellos, we begin to set up camp - but to tell you the truth - they were already set-up and fishing. Later we were join by "The Bulldog" (Scott) & "Jamie" making the trip up from so. Cal.
    Scott came up with his boat (so you know that he meant businesses) & he also brought up some bait for us to use that we called
    "Mac & Cheese" - lol
    But little that he knew - That bait was the ticket. He went out to the Mendota Flats and got into some nice Channels & that kicked things off for himself, Robb, Sean & Myself + the use of his boat "At Night" to go out to those same flats & when I say flats I'm talking 2' of water. We must have pulled out Channels from 4 to 6 pounds - but my boy Sean won the Big Fish Fishing Pool with a 10 pounder, all that I know is that I founded & met a new friend that I now have a lot of respect for & will never go on a fishing trip without name :worship:"Circle Hooks", + we even got into some nice Crappies from the shore. But all in all - "we had a Very Nice Time at this Gathering" & "I will be back in the city of Fresno to hit the Mendota Slough Again" (and I wont have to wait for a Gathering to do this ether)- But I would like to thank "Steve (wishrman)" for the use of the tent, "Sean" for the use of the air mattress, to "The Bulldog Scott" for the use of the boat:0a22:
    (that put us on the fish in the first place)
    & to everyone there for putting a big smile on my face and for making this Gathering one to remember.:big_smile:
    But really all of this is what I call - "B.O.C. Love"!!!!
    :wink:
    (Thanks again Robb for putting this all together for us "Your The Man For That One"!)
    :0a23:
    Take Care All,
    Bert (Shania)

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Bert said it all. Also recruited 2 new members. I believe he had a handle already. Deerhunter42 Robert it was:wink: Had a great time. Ate like KINGS! From smoked tri tip, Bulldogs shish kabobs, smoked pork ribs to BBQ shrimp:wink: A lot of memories and great times by all. Here are some pics:wink:

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    more pics of the gathering

6. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice pics. Nice channels they are nice. Talk about some slabs nice going Bert.

B

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

Attached Files:

9. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    nice pics you guys had a hell of a good time

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Bulldog - "Good Luck out there" - and oh yea:
    "STUCCO AND TEXTURE BABY"! lol:happy:

11. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    Man, it sounds like I missed a good one, and you guys actually got some good fish! My vehicle issues are now solved, so me and my Tacoma should be ready for the next gathering.:big_smile: If I can't wait that long I might just have to go scoop up Bert on the weekend for some Delta fun:wink: Anyway, I wish I was there, and I look forward to meeting some of the new guys at the next gathering.
    Linz:cool2:

12. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    sorry i missed it.

glad you all had a good time.:smile2:

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I hated to miss it also, i was looking forward to meeting all of my CA brothers. I was bummed when they cancelled my flight out of little rock, I was so down when i called Bert to tell him i wasnt going to make it, My wife was teasing me saying it looked like i was going to cry!!!:sad2: I hope Robb and the gang try to get another one going again soon!!!!!

14. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Linz - You know that I'm ready when you are Buddy, just say the word & "it's on". lol

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Ray - we are going to do all of that fishing again real soon / & it don't have to wait for a gathering to happen.

16. full moon

full moon Guest

Thanks for family snapshot and inclusion in your video! Sounds like the bite "warmed up" !!!!

Anthony

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Anthony / I even got a couple in that spot that you were fishing in. :0a23:
    It was good to get to meet you Buddy & we got to do it again.

18. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    I hope real soon Bert, I want to meet all of you guys and learn a few things about fishing!!

19. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
  20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Thanks for sharing the photos with us all Tom . :0a23: