Mendota Gathering...Who will be there?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Mar 19, 2009.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It is 1 month away. Anyone getting excited? Like to start a head count on who will be there, so we can make plan accordingly:wink:

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Oh man .... I thought it was this month... and nothing really happened... LOL.... so next month... like.... during tax time... I quess I could get excited... gas is going up, by the time that I get there, all the front row seats to the slough will be gone.... and all the prime camping spots are gone as well..... only left are the ones that smell from all the left over beer that was expelled from the last trip.... well, I check my calendar and see if I can do it.... maybe maybe... "the call from Yuma is blairing...so have to see what happens...

bayrunner ray

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    sad to say, i wont be able to make it, i will be in arkansas

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    This year will be the year i PROMISE ONCE AGAIN i won't be there lol ...As much as i'd love to meet and greet my BOC brother's... my mom and dad come first and i have know one right now to watch them ...So have a great time guy's , catch much fish, drink much beer and Fish On :wink:

5. Stockton CatMan

Stockton CatMan Member

State:
    CA
    Where is this located? I'm in Stockton. I have been surfing the web all night trying to get information on the Delta Mendota canal. Is the getogather in So. Cal or No. Ca.? Also how do you get there from Stockton? Do anyone have a map on the area?:0a31:

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Here you go Ron - this is the best that I could come up with but I sure that one of the gang will pop-up in here & do a better job of it and give you more details:
    :wink:
    From Stockton to Fresno area:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Stockton&1s=CA&2c=Fresno&2s=CA

Once in the Fresno area:

http://californiamaps.org/place.php?county=Fresno&feature=Fresno+Slough

:0a26::0a23:

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Just taked to Stankbait. Looks like we'll be there Wed Night. I pick Bert up Friday at 11:00 am:wink:Jaime will be there Friday. Have not heard from Lloyd. We's made it every year. Pick a spot Ray and I'll save it for you:wink:Up close to us merry men. Heck I'll give you my spots to fish:smile2::smile2: Will there be a pool this year:cool2: I don't know if it be fair if I participate:smile2::cool2: Just busting a shot out there...LOL! Hope to see you all real soon:wink:

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    You may take Inerstate 5 down to 33. Capt. Steves map is awesome. Thanks Steve:wink: Hope you can make it Stockton Catman:wink: Well be out there from the 15th to the 19th...? All are welcome:tounge_out::smile2::wink:

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,
    I forgot to tell you that I talk to our boy :worship: "Linz" & he's going to try to make the down and hang out with us. :0a23:
    :wink:

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Linzter the fishing machine:smile2: Right on Bert. Be good to see you both:wink:

11. wishrman

wishrman New Member

State:
    california
    Lord willing and the creek dont rise, Im planning on it. Sure be ready for a good howl. Hope to be a little early to get a well located camp, I dont walk too far. Was thinking about bringing the gas smoker to do up some meat, any challenges with that idea? Also how close to stores for ice and such?

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The road runs along the river. camp spots all along and and area to eat together and such. I will bring a tri tip or ribs. I never done a smoker:embarassed:

Depends on what you mean as towns....lol. Mendota is several miles away, but has no grocerery stores. Kerman in further and has grocery stores. In Mendota, they have liqure stores and several resturants.
    I plan on getting out there early as well. I'll PM you my phone #

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good talking to you on the phone Steve. Smoker sounds good and the wood will be the hit of our camp site:wink: Looking forward to it:smile2:

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi folkes, hope all is well. Hi Steve, the smoker is a great idea! How about smoking some ribs and chicken? You will have a blas Steve!
    Hope you can make it Ray.
    Hi Bert, look foward to seeing you and Linz again!

Hi Stankbait, I have a case of XX beer with your name name on it!(lol):smile2:

Jaime

15. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Actually Robb, Mendota has three grocery stores and they are all on different corners of the same intersection. I got tired of paying liquor store prices so I did some lookin around and found them. Chorizo, eggs, and tortillas are a lot cheaper at a grocery store.:wink:

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here is a rough draft of folks confirmed. Add your name to the list:wink:

Thursday April 16th​
    Robb
    Fred (guest ?)
    Sam
    Steve

Friday April 17th​
    Robb
    Sam
    Fred (guest ?)
    Jaime
    Steve
    Bert
    Sean
    Anthony (guest?)

Saturday April 18th​
    Robb
    Sam
    Jaime
    Steve
    Bert
    Sean
    Anthony (guest?)

Sunday April 19th​
    Robb
    Sam
    Jaime
    Steve
    Bert
    Sean
    Anthony (guest?)

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Lets do some fishing homey...... What you doing tonight?

18. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I know I haven't been posting as much lately fellaz, but you know I will be there. I have a few buddies that will come out with me and maybe a few family members. Can't wait. I got a busy schedule the next few weeks. I'm going down to Norwalk this weekend for a wrestling tournament for my son. The next week I got Blythe with Brian"Bluehunter". The week after that maybe Sac for sturgeon. Then the gathering. So hopefully by the time the gathering gets here I'll have a few stories for everybody. Looking forward to it fellaz, see you all at the slough.

Sean!

19. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I got wrestling practice with the kid. Got a big tourney comin up this weekend so we're trying to get him as much work as we can. The prizes are belts, like WWE or UFC. I think Rampage is going to be a guest speaker at the tournament. We'll see. I may not be doing any fishing around here until the gathering. If we don't go to Sac the weekend of the 10th we can hit the slough or James Rd.

Sean!