Mendota Gathering.....Anyone interested?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Feb 1, 2008.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Want to seeif any interest out there for a Mendota or another location for a Central california gathering. Maybe in April?

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Sounds good Robb - "count me in"! :0a23:
    :wink:

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Bert! Now to see if others are interested as us. :big_smile:
    Anyone else out there interested? you and Linz took home a ice chest at the Mendota gathering in April. :wink:

4. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    April 25, 26 & 27 I plan to be down on the Colorado River near Yuma, Az. with Bluehunters group.

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Tom....Take a bunch of pics brother:wink:

6. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    You know Im down!!

Let me know the dates.

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I was thinking some time in April. Maybe 18th and 19th? I like to do the slough and cross to the canal on boat(s). Great crappie,gill, bass and catfishing over there too.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,
    You make the date & I'll make the trip.

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I am hopeing for some feedback from members. Most are flexible as you and I are Bert:smile2: You know us, we will fish at a jump of a hat:wink: Can't wait. Be excellent fishing this year:big_smile:

10. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Thats my birthday weekend!!! I d be down for a bday cat trip!!
    Ill bring the boat!! Mabey some striper action by then...

11. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

not sure if I will make it, I may have a race that weekend.

I have always liked the gather up that way. hope i can make it.

12. Ed Lacy

Ed Lacy New Member

State:
    Modesto, Ca
    Can't commit until later in the spring, but, will put it on the calender and try to make it.
    Ed

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hope to see you you Tim. Always glad to have you. You good people for sure.
    Ed.....If you can, love to shoot the breeze and catch some fish with ya....

14. Ed Lacy

Ed Lacy New Member

State:
    Modesto, Ca
    Thanks Robb, would be nice to lay an eyeball on those that we see here on a daily basis. Sure hope I can make it.
    Ed

15. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Rob,
    I would love to be their. but is this just for the guys, are can the wife's come, and how many wife's would be their. and what would it be like for parking a fifth wheel. I have seen pictures that you have posted in the past, and it looks like a great place for a gathering.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Phillip,

"It's a Gathering Buddy" :big_smile:

And like all Gatherings I say "Why Not" / "The More - The Merrier" :0a23::wink:

All I know is that if you go to any gathering, of any kind, and you can't bring your wife or other family members, "your not at a gathering" at least one that I would want to be a part of.
    (Think about it :0a14:)

I know that I attend Gatherings to meet people & to have a good time (the fishing is a +), And I'm sure that the other members here fill the same.

I know that Robb will chime in to give you the other information that you need (parking ect.), but I just wanted you to know my Idea of a gathering.

and like I said / "The More - The Merrier"

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

17. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Bert,
    That's great you feel like I do. I couldn't go anywhere with out my "Cook" and Fishing partner, she likes to fish as well as I do, but I can't get her to fish the aqueduct. She says I am not fishing in no cement lined ditch. I know she would love it up their, from what pictures I have seen that Rob has posted. Besides it would be nice to meet all you guys.

18. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

catfish slick..... there is enough parking for a 5th wheeler..... may not be "right on top" or at the edge of the water...I plan to take my 25ft RV and have found that depending on others the sites at the water can be limited.... you should find a spot at the launch ramp area.... Robb and steve know that area the best......

For myself, I plan on bringing my quad to fish from..... may bring the 12ft boat and motor this time as the quad trailer converts to a boat trailer and then where the boat is overhead for traveling, the quad can take the boat anywhere to be launched.....

So, got the calendar marked Robb.... April....keep us informed....:0a18:

Bayrunner Ray

19. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Ray.
    If we are not gone to Texas to Visit our Daughter, We will Be their for sure. Hey any time you are up my way, give me a call and we can wet a line togather out at the Aqueduct. My number is 661- 203-5468 that goes for any of you B.O.C. brothers.

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Phillip, Time brought his 5th wheel down several years ago. If Iknow we have several RV's, I will bring my tools out a few days before and clear out some nice spots.
    Of course your wife can come. My wife sometime pops in out there. I will have food supplied for one night. Hope you can make it.