Mendota Fishing hole

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by catfish slick, May 28, 2009.

1. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    I just returned from Mendota last night, and may I say it was Hot Hot Hot. the camp site their behind the bait shop where we stayed only has a 20 amp service and would kick out when you turned on the air. my generator would take care of all the power we needed for the whole trailer but I didn't want to run it all day and half the night. so after one day we packed it in and came home. Besides we had our two year old great grand daughter along and the heat made her a little hard to get along with. we got out of their so fast last night I turned all the fish I had caught a loose so I would not have to fool with cleaning them. I think that will be my last trip up their till it cools off this winter. great fishing but I cant handle that heat.

2. Angler Ace

Angler Ace New Member

State:
    Pleasant Hill,
    I agree with you. I'm not really crazy about summer fishing. I like it better in the FALL when everything COOLS down. We might get a few SHOWERS next week up here in the Delta, would be nice. Help COOL things off, but when they say we will get showers, it never happens, would be nice if it did.

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    catfish slick, come on down and join up next week at blythe. then you'll see heat. LOL at least the power source there will pull your A/C.
    gary

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It is 102 today. It is hotter than normal. So what all did you catch brother?

5. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Robb I caught 5 little Channel,and one Nice little blue gill, nothing of any size. but just right for eating. I wish I lived a little closer, it's a 2 1/2 hour drive and 36 dollars in diesel from my house to the bait shop.

6. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    I would like to Gary, But I do-not think I could get my wife out again in this heat. I do love fishing, but not enough to tuff it out in this heat.

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ok. the invite is there though. always. talk to gilmafam. he comes down with family each yr. can leave her in cold A/C.
    gary

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    ok. the invite is there though. always. talk to gilmafam. he comes down with family each yr. can leave her in cold A/C.
    gary

9. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    I appreciate that Gary, but I think I will leave this one up to you and the Bulldog.

10. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:
    "Gary is right"! (as usual - lol:happy:)
    No one likes to sit in 100% + heat all day long to do anything :choler:, but if you notice the fishermen (and women -lol) know how to deal with that, they do the majority of the fishing on the river "In the late afternoon or at Night" when the temperatures are lower.
    :wink:
    Just like he said Phil, talk to gilmafam(Big Ray), he comes down with family each year & besides "you will have a good time, I just know it".
    :big_smile:
    :0a23::0a22::0a17::006:

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Speaking of gas... just topped off the RV from the trip to Yuma... took 40 gallons for the trip home.... (had the ac on for comfort)...I think the miles is around 325 from my home at the beach...

Bayrunner Ray

12. soeurm

soeurm New Member

State:
    Fresno, CA
    I'm going out to Mendota slough tonight. See you guys out there.

13. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    welcome to the BOC. now add your name to the july mendota list:wink:

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Should be a good night, with the overcast we have this afternoon. Good luck out there and let us know how you do Sam. Oh.... Welcome to the BOC brother:wink:

15. JoshCHL

JoshCHL New Member

State:
    California
    yup. welcome. and how did you do? were going out tonight. probley to james road. have had pretty good luck out there this week. will likely hit the slough up also. maybe go by the sugar plant to catch some crawdads

16. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Welcome to the BOC, Sam.

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a25: Sam to The B.O.C. & being the newest member of "The California Boys". :wink:
    :0a23:

18. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    OK Josh you have sparked my interest with your quote on crawdads at the sugar plant. I have three Traps I built last year, and have not had the chance to use them. I would like to hear more on this sugar plant and Maybe you can post some pictures. Any one from the BOC fishing site that is heading up that way that would like to take these traps and use them is more than welcome too come by and pick them up and use them, Just p.m. me and let me know you are coming. I don't know if I will ever have the chance to use them my self, and some one should get some use out of them. I have a hard time believing that I cant still do all the things that I did when I was a kid.

19. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    You go north from Whitesbridge (180) past the sugar plant (red X), to the river.

Attached Files:

20. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks Steve, I will remember that.