"Mendota 4" gathering June 8-9

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, May 16, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Mendota 4 gathering to be held June 8-9. Post here if interested in attending.

2. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Right now I am good to go. (Fingers crossed)

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    As of right now - it don't look to good for me - (see post #26 in the "Mendota 4 Revised Dates" Thread). :sad2:

But if things change :cross: - you know that I will let you know. :sad_2a:
    :hell_boy: (DAMIT!!!!! & You know that I want to fish too - so I'm working on it! :canny: )
    Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That sucks Bert:sad2: :sad2: I want to show you some isolated spots that hold them panfish and bass as well as them early morning cat bite. There will be 3-4 others that will attend that I invited as well.

Bob....Sure hope ya'll make it. Bite is grat out there. Heading out tomorrow or Sat to do some scouting and over fishing:wink:

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,

Now you know that I have to talk to some people in my famliy & come down there to hit some of those spots Buddy.

If that family get together is change to another weekend -
    "I'm There"! :wink:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Bert, I know you can do it:wink: As you know from the past gatherings, there are nice fish caught. Ithink this years gathering has better promise for some of the nicest fish caught yet. Why? Several reasons: 1. The weather has actually been pleasant and cooperating. 2. The late movement of the water system (canals ect...), 3. the abundance of bait in the areas I been fishing. Buddy Scott and I was talking, and we agree that it's been a while that we seen the shad so thick. The bass are huge out there:eek:oooh: You can see them come up and feed on them:big_smile: Crappie are some of the biggest Iseen out there in a long time. Don't miss out on this one:smile2:

7. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

not sure if I will make it this year. I will let you know if I can get up that way.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Who is planning on attending this year? Is anyone:smile2: I will wait to get food and all tell i hear something.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Come on Guys!!!! :confused2:

I know that you guys like to be like to be on the water, doing some fishing.
    :0a23:
    and you guys are the best people to be around when you are at a Gathering.

It may not look to good for me to attend the gathering, but I would love to hear that a bunch of B.O.C. members went to the Mentoda Gathering and caught alot of fish.
    :0a32:
    So with that being said,
    I know that you all like to have a good time doing some fishing so:

"Just Do It!" :wink:
    :confident:

Take it easy fellows,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & Shania

10. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Bad news Robb. That weekend is Jerry's graduation party. I will be hosting some guests that weekend and can't get out of it. Believe me, I already tried several times. If you do have the gathering that weekend let me know. I'll send you everything that I have.

So very sorry,
    Bob V.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It's still on Bob. I will pm you my address.

Robb

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Rob, hope you doing well. Hope you guys catch alot fish. Man sounds great. Hopefully I will have the chance to fish with you another time buddy. I would sure love to get into that crappie and catfish bite!

Jaime

13. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    I will see if I can work it out. Where is Mendota? I am not familiar with that area or at least that name...

:embarassed:

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Mendota Wildlife Refuge is off I5 and 180 (whitesbride). It is 20 or so miles west of fresno. Hope you can arrange it. :wink:

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

It's an cumulative body of water that is the Kings (comming out of Pineflat) the San Joaquin (out of Millerton) Several canals (Helm and Delta mendota and another I can't remeber it name) run into what I call Mendota Slough or Kings Slough. It is located in a managed "Mendota Widlife Refuge". Beautiful place Sunsets and sunrises are AWESOME!I willpost a map. Few picts of past fish caught at gatherings.

I can't attach anything:roll_eyes: Here is our old link to a map:
    http://brotherhood-of-catfishermen.com/catfish/messages/65/897354.html?1112036862

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Try it again....

Attached Files:

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb - Here you go Buddy :wink:

Attached Files:

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Yep, there you go. You guys left in linz car with a ice chest full of fish:wink: That spot always did well for me on a consistant basis. A good spot for 4-5 cars plus tents or trailor or such. All that area along the bank around them submerged trees and all are the spots. Big crappie and bass. Promised my wife I would help with her yard sale Sat:crazy: So gonna head out Sat afternoon to James Rd. That is the spot.:wink: Cats are good size out here but when you find them schools of crappie and bluegill:big_smile::big_smile: I prop my cat pole up on Dale's hevy duty pole holder (no worries) and off with my pro light. bobber and redworm been the ticket. Even free line it and oh what fun. I use 4lb. so the fight is a blast.
    It's really secluded and a lot of access to various spots close by and in eye distance to main camp. They are shay spots right along the river:wink:I going to take some folks out there or just may have it out there. I will take picturs Sat. No porta potty's or trash cans. I hunt out there too. Mega rooster crowing out there last time. :big_smile: I can drive my lil VW Fox back there. So it's good but lil bumpy in some spots. See what happens this weekend. Check on the pump spot too.

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Yea Robb -:worship: That was the spot! :still_dreaming:

I just know if that spot is anything like it use to be, that Honey Hole was good for Cats & the Stripers / now if the Bass & Bulegills are hitting there to it should be:
    "Going On"! :0a23:
    :still_dreaming:

Take it easy Buddy,

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & Phil

20. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    You guys are sure making this thing sound great...:dribble:
    Cats crappie line sides man that sounds like heaven!!! I am really gonna try and work this one out!!!:still_dreaming:

Corey
    If I can make it, what do I need out there? Types of gear etc...