"Mendota 4" Gathering April 13-15

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Mar 15, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Ok. Had so much fun at the Deltalovr gathering last week that I figure start a thread for the 4th Annual Mendota slough gathering. The bite is picking up and as always, the fish are pretty nice. No blues or flatts, but nice stripes, lrg mouth, perch, crappie, gills, several types of cats. There are double digit cats there. I had one to the bank last year. Tentative location: The pipe (previous gathering spot).
    Now this is kind of premative:smile2: Tim bought his 5th wheel one year. It's up to you. There are no showers. A porta potty down the road aways. There is a bait store and mexican/bbq across the street to the entrance. This is plain old fashioned campfire catfishing gathering. Parking, launch boat, camping.....all free. Fires and dogs allowed. Two poles allowed eventhough it's a river:smile2:

2. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

not going to make it this year, have duty the month of april. wish I could tho, always have fun fishing with you guys... maybe you can make it down to the river for the gathering in may.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,
    :0a24:
    You know that I will like to try and make it down there, you also know that I just love to get out there to "Mendota" again, but that date is a little to close to the time that I just got off for the "Deltalover Gathering" and I work on 15th of April anyway, so I may not be able to get the time off (Dam! :angry: ).

I'm sure that "Linz & Myself" would love to come down there again, "but" if any changes between now & then happen, you know that I will let you know Buddy.
    :confident:

Take Care Buddy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Come on folks. This date is very flexible. Let's talk. What dates are bad and good for all yall? Bert, you and linz know the fish we caught. We can changer the day or month at that. Man Tim, love to make it down there. Kind of in the air right now.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Buddy,
    I'm going to send Linz & Big Paul a PM about it and I will get back in touch with you about it. :smile2:

I'm sure that we can come up with something on a date.

I'll try to keep in touch Buddy.
    :0a23:

Take it easy,

Bert & Phil

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Cool brother. Dates are flexible. Let's tinker around and see if a different date can accomadate more folks:smile2: As you can see in brother Jerry report of the slough resturday, the big cats are on the prowl:big_smile:

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Like Brother Robb said:

Lets pick a weekend to get out of or jobs (or lie to our Boss :wink: ) - maybe I'm bringing this post up again because:
    "I'm just ready to get together with the guys again to do some more fishing"

Maybe I'm still feeling the good from the "Deltalover Gathering". I just had so much fun, that I'm ready to do it again. :wink:

Take it easy fellows,

Bert & Phil

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi guys hope all is well.

Jaime

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well, I am as anxious as an okie at a curb side clean up:lol: I made that up. Aint i clever?:roll_eyes: :lol: :big_smile:
    I know several spots that producing 2# crappie at the slough:eek:oooh: Like I said and done, I always put people on fish here:big_smile: Looks to be a warm and dry spring. This would diffantly change up fishing back in James Rd. Mendota slough is feed fom the Kings River and the San Jouaquin River. The slough is actually the "Kings Slough" . Good fishing I tell you. As hopefully like every where else, the fishing has been HOT!!! Water at slough around 65 right now.
    Let me know some dates brothers. Keep in mind the CA/AZ gathering dates. I am game when ever:big_smile:

10. dirty harry

dirty harry New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You know what I am today in particular,,,
    yeah im mad, I'm mad as mud fence, no wait thats how ugly iam, im mad as clemson football coach reading proposition 48, lets just say im mad and get to whats crawled up my crawl today

I been reading about PETA, no I aint talkingbout the bumper sticker on my truck people eating tasty animals, this is the other PETA group.

the great crisis of the moment now with peta is you guessed it FISHING, they say fish are people too like life crawling from the ocean its like were eating our own brother,,,,,,well hey brother how bout taking a bite out of my big ole butt. we didnt come crawling out no ocean, they started this campaign saying and complaining that dolphins are getting hung up in tuna nets, like the tuna were hanging out on the corner smoking cigarettes breaking in peoples houses asking to get caught, i dont guess charlie the tuna is too tickled either. peta starts off with how smart the dolphins are, well hey if they so dang smart what they doing caught up in a net with a bunch of tuna, geeeesh. i got a brother in law who is about the stupidest thing god ever stretched a piece of skin over and even he aint been caught in a tuna net, dumb as a stump but he can flat put ya on some fish. they showed up in fort lauderdale at a fishing tournament, holding banners that said get a life get a life get hooked on campassion not fish, they sent a boat out on the water beating the water with bamboo poles hollering trying to scare away the fish, scuba divers under the water cutting lines and so forth,,,,,but we need to get a life,,,my butt too. I think this whole ordeal is kinda lost with us average fishermen, i picture 2 good ole boys out there one says to the other Earl am i crazy or there a bunch of them pasty face crumb nibblers beating the water with bamboo poles,Earl says they aint never gonna catch nothing like that they need to get some line on them poles, we just dont get it. the article i read feactured my hero Virgil Ward, now virgil belongs to 3 different fishing hall of fames, been on tv, his job foe the last 50 years is to go fishing, recently retired so he can spend more time fishing,,,now what side of the debate you figured he came in on,,,yeah boy..he said they been sending him letters for years asking him to join them he says he throws the letters away and to calm down goes fishing, they told him about the guys and the bamboo poles you know what he said?? now they aint gonna catch nothing like that,, we just dont get it people. The article quoted a famous zoo-oligist dr austin williams, he said fish are a sentiment organism so of course they feel pain, no sardine ever died a happy death. well i hate to bring this up you being a doctor and all but hey your a fish, how happy can ya be, its not like one fish turns to his wife and says well honey we got our health we got 1800 beautifull children but i cant enjoy life wondering if im gonna get snatched out of the water by a cruel heartless fisherman,,,,my big ole butt....hey your a fish you swim you eat you poop you swim some more its not like you wind up on a stringer and your gonna feel cheated,,,,,you dang activist,,why dont ya go protect the rain forest,,,what about that big hole in the ozone,,save some monkees,,you can teach them to ride a bike and smoke a cigar, now thats worth saving, go beat each other over the heads with bamboo poles ya might knock some sense in to one another..

brothers,,,yall have a nice day

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Paul.....AMEN! You crack me up. Thanks for the huge laugh. Laughter is medicine for the soul:wink:

12. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Woo Hoo, Paul. That's about the best rant:dribble: I've seen in awhile:haha: .

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :worship: Hey Paul,

"I'm with you on that".

"Your the man for that one"!

Now that is what I would call:

"REAL TALK"

Take it easy man,