Men, do you know how to do laundry properly?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Apr 29, 2006.

Men: Do you KNOW how to do laundry properly?

1. I truly do know how.

2. I THINK I know how.

3. I'm not sure, no one will allow me to try.

4. No, and I don't want to know how, that's a womans' task.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    How many men KNOW how to do laundry? Be honest. :lol:

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Humm..I couldn't decide how to vote.I didn't see a choice for "refuses to do it correctly out of fear of having to do it more often".;)

I get my other half to do it.I'd say that's knowing how! :p

3. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What about the men who have been doing their laundry for years by themselves. There isnt a catagory for "Absolutley, been doing it for years!" It should be followed up with - (and thats why my clothes are stained and wrinkled all of the time!) :lol:

MAJ D

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'm not too bad at folding clothes, does that count for anything?:roll_eyes:

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Cheryl, you'd be proud of me. I do most of my own and the towels too.
    The wife works crazy hours and most of the time I find I need cloths when she ain't hime to do'em.

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Cheryl I thought about this long and hard to give a correct response.:confused2: I decided and voted that I think I know the right way.:roll_eyes: However, in view of the cronic water shortage here in the midwest I elect to do them in ways that conserves energy and resources.:big_smile: Do laundry as seldom as I can get away with to conserve water and electricity(generated by Hydro-electric). Further it also reduces the expense of those costly detergents and thereby reducing polution.:smile2: What I am tryin to convey is........I throw EVERYTHING in one load so I can get it done fast so that it doesn't interfere with fishin!:tounge_out:

7. Cyclops01

Cyclops01 New Member

State:
    Eden, NC.
    Cheryl,

What??? Are you shopping for a wife here?

I can do laundry, iron, sew - with or without a sewing machine, fold'em, hang'em and put'em away. I'm also one heck of a cook!!!

The only thing I can't quite get the hang of is laying on the couch, popping bon bons in my face and watching the Lifetime channel. :oops:

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Things seem to change colors, so I'm not allowed to touch the stuff.

9. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    My wife gave me the ultimate compliment the other day, or so i at first believed. we had been to my camp for a couple days fishing and had just got home. she was busy putting up groceries and the like and i decided to get a load of my clothes on to wash, when all of a sudden she asks me to throw her jeans in with mine. i was shocked to say the least. she never lets me wash her clothes. i figured all the years of her coaching me had finally paid off. she was finally gona trust me to wash her clothes. so i did everything as i had been schooled. the right amount of powder, warm water, no colors, etc. when i got through washing and drying them, i put them on a hanger and told her they were ready to be put in her closet(something else i ain't allowed to do). she jerked them off the hanger and tossed them to me and said, "Just throw um' out in the shed with the campin' stuff, they ain't fit to wear anywhere else." So much for the ultimate compliment.:roll_eyes:

10. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I'm OK with the washing and drying ,colors with colors,whites with whites,and Jeans with darks.My problem is with the folding.
    :embarassed: P.S. Nothng with my hunting clothes.

11. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    I'm with cyclops. Navy taught me well. Also wife works 7 pm to 7 am so I get lots of practice washing, cooking, vacuuming and dusting. Not to mention mowing, gardening, washing the car/truck and even bathing the dog.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Cheryl, I too was in the Navy and had to do my own laundry and still do it for my family. Im not too keen on putting it away but it will be clean and folded :confused2:

13. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    as long as its clean what does it matter?:big_smile: folding? whats folding?

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Nope, I don't know nothing about doing laundry. I can fix the washer or drier if they quit but that's all. My wife never worked outside our home and she has always taken care of the laundry. I'm spoiled!
    :smile2:

15. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I better know how. I do all of it. I work from home so thats my job too.

16. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    laundry smaundry ,
    throw stinkin clothes in the machine add powder
    and turn the dang thing on.
    simple:cool2:
    sheesh and women wonder why they get wrinkles under their eyes
    you worry too much:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I do all the laundry in our house, I also do all the housework, and yard work..I am a clean freak and my wife is not..I must mop all floors everyday, vaccum everyday, and dust everyday...Plus the minute a dish of glass is dirtied, it is washed and put in it's proper place...No lie!

18. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jack, I sure hope my wife don't read your post, cause she might just get the idea that men can clean and expect me to join in.

19. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    And by the way, I do know how to do laundry. Well, at least good enough to get by.

20. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Jack:roll_eyes: ................NO WONDER YA DON'T HAVE TIME FOR FISHIN'!:crazy: ...LMAO