men and their toys

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by JERMSQUIRM, Apr 14, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ok i got a new one this week. a 158cc 2.2 gal per min 2200 psi troy built pressure washer. $260 2 year warrenty. been wanting one for a while. i seen in the paper that tues was IRV ticks b-day. whos irv??? well he is part owner of a recycling co here. he turned 80 and to celebrate they were giving $.80 a lb for aluninum cans that day only. i had 240 lbs lol. $192.00 and 7lbs aluminum sheer. $3.50. $195.50 total. to just saving cans i got my pressure washer for $60+ tax. WE HOO!!!!!!!!!!:big_smile:

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Who says drinking beer and pop does not pay off. LOL :big_smile::haha::big_smile_2:I need to start hauling scrap again, I have thousands that needs hauled.

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Can't beat that! :big_smile:

4. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    well that definately solves that problem

5. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Moral of the story.... the more beer you drink the more you save.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Cool, Jerm. pressure warshers are cool. and that you bought it with scrap is just that much better.

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I bought a pressure washer years ago for a handrail job I was working on. It has an 11 hp Honda, 3500 psi. It was the biggest one Lowe's had at the time, cost just under a thousand. I have used that thing year after year, boy is it great.

They are not just for cleaning. I took mine and cut a trench for the electric wires going to my shop. Hey it went threw a gravel driveway about 100', that a shovel would just not work on. Boy did it cut that trench, RIGHT NOW.

Just do it on a warm day as you will be soaked and be awful sandy/dirty.

I'm glad my sandblaster was down, and I had to clean that new steel right away. I would have never gotten one if it was not for that job. Boy them things are handy.

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    my recent new toy- a 1996 American made Fender Stratocaster

9. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Since you'll be wanting to play with that new toy....my house needs to be pressure washed before we paint it this summer!!:big_smile:

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Just think if Jeremy starts to drink Kegs....:smile2:
    There hard to crush though.....

11. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Junk is bueatiful stuff needin hauled to thee scrap yard!:wink:Yes Sir one of these days I am gonna get me a presure washer I am 1/2 industrial in the garage when we stay out of the fridge!
    Is definatly a good investment!

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you mean to tell me thell dig??????? i need to put waterlines in my shop. about 60' from house. boy that would be nice.:cool2:

13. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    oh lord those things will make dents in WOOD mind you! I was using one to get tree sap off a girls deck ( helping her ) and before I knew it I had done marked up her deck with indentations in the wood on her deck! I sure didn't tell her and she never asked thank god! I am just not a very good liah! :crazy:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya dont use a turbo nozzle or 0degree nozzel on wood. i use the high pressure fan 25degree on mine. green one. i had been using my grandpaps till now. that is my project im hoping for tomorrow. that and tilling the garden. weather permittin. then gotta seal the deck. that stuffs up.

15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    yeah I know I found out! I don't know what they had on it! She just said if ya wanna help spray the deck and get the stain off go ahead...

BIG MISTAKE!!!

DUHHHH!

16. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Heck, here's a set of pumps and a power washer that can wash the car away.
    A pair of 425hp pumps, pair of 4" hoses going down to a 1mm nozzle that's pushing 100 gallons a minute out. If I remember right, it was pushing around 70-75,000psi.

I pulled the pumps for the summer of 2004. Easy job but boring, unless I was able to stay on the job site.

:004:

Attached Files:

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Recycling does pay off!! Great job and I hope you enjoy your new toy

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. its light jacket weather today. a chill in the wind but sunny and nice. gonna fire it up later after i till garden. deck needs a wash and seal. man the sealer went up big time this winter. armor all was $41 last time i did it either last spring or two ago. cant remember. it was $61 the other day. i noticed everything at wal-mart went up recently thanks to this gas crap. rods reels and my dog food i buy went from $5.97 20lbs to $7.50.:crazy: its got bone shapes now. thats great. im so glad they think there eating little bones.:angry:

19. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    sounds good hope ya enjoy the toy

20. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Years ago in the steel mill they had labors cleaning constantly on conveyor belts between the rollers. Material would get between them and cause them to stop rolling, then it was only a matter of time and the rollers would wear in to.

Someone got the idea of a pressure washer blasting that material out. Well they had these 10,000 psi units with V6s running them. The spray nozzles had a shoulder deal like a shotgun and them boys running them had to really brace themselves.

They would blast the material out and come along with a bobcat and scoop it up. They eliminated at least 30 peoples jobs doing that.