Memphis

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by riverfishing, Oct 27, 2006.

1. riverfishing

riverfishing New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    hey guys havnt been on in a while ben doin ALOT fishing.... i was at memphis state recreation area and theres a little pired that looks like a L andthe bank theres a spot were you cast and one after another u just catch catfish after catfish i caught 7 and all were over 6 pounds...channels i really recommend it

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Sounds good. Thanks

SudDawg

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    My son and I caught some beauties out there at Memphis this past summer. In my avatar, is my son and I at Memphis. That day we used stink bait and nightcrawlers with great success. I just wished that that lake had about 4 more feet of water in it.

Kenny

4. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    my dad cought a master angler carp in that lake but that was a while ago.

5. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    I need to try that place. I was out there for a visit in like, September. Didn't that place flood this summer? When I was there, the water was really high, or so it seemed?

6. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    If it did flood, I missed it. Just as you drive in the park, you come up to the on site "care taker" house. And you can rent boats right there (canoes and peddle boats). I can remember people draggin their rentals a good 30 feet from the bank to get to the water.
    I love that place, and I will be spending some more time down there this spring and summer with my kids.

Kenny

7. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    hmmmm...I was at Memphis in September, I think, and the water was almost up over the rocks on the bank.