Memphis catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by grillking, Jul 31, 2007.

1. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    :confused2::cry::baffle::beated::0a36::0a34:O.K. Ive heard some of you fellow catmen catching cats at memphis. been there five times and not one cat. here is the bait Ive used: worms, shrimp, cut bluegill(body and heads), danny kings punch bait(never caught a cat on this product), catfish charlies dip bait(works well on eatin size cats everywhere else Ive used it), minnows, chubs. not a single cat. morning, day, evening, night. I take my family camping there almost every other weekend since we bought the pop-up. I can darn near catch a limit of bluegill and redear blinfolded. some big bluegill in there also. ANY info you guys can give me is greatly appreciated.

2. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    have you tried chicken livers? also what time of day are you fishing?

3. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    all the cats i've caught out of there have been on Chicken Liver. But I havn't been out there in a while. I'm taking the family out there this Friday Night, I'll post a report, i plan on having cat rods out the entire time.

4. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    I havent used livers yet. but ive fished out there every time of day. livers might be the ticket.:0a23:

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Sonnys Super Sticky Blood bait and patience.

Over the last weekend storms, there has been somewhat of a fish kill there.:sad2:
    Mostly gills, a few LMB's, and a couple of dozen channels.

6. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    yeah, the fish kill looks bad, but give it a week, and things will calm down, the lake is a good lake, and i will not be giving up on it because of the fish kill. G&P claims it won't impact the lake too much.

On a side note, the Redears in there, they are kinda a bonus fish in the area, and they can/will get bigger than the gills, and they don't do well in this part of the state, so i beg, beg beg beg, keep your limit of gills, but let the redears swim. And maybe, next year, you'll find yourself pulling in some 10in, and i daresay, 11" redear.

Alex