Memories from the past, my first trip with Mellon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Dec 19, 2007.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It seems like only yesterday, but actually it was about 7 long, long years ago I first met Mellon.

We met on another fishing site and he thought for some reason I was a professional catfisherman:eek:oooh:

We talked for a few weeks and he decided to drive down to my place to catch his first flathead, he even went out and bought two new st croix classic catfish rods at 320 bucks!

He also informed me he was bringing a top secrete flathead bait he found on the internet:embarassed:

When he arrived 1hr late he was anxious to show me his killer flathead bait, it was chicken breast soaked with anise oil, he refused to use the shad I had caught for him.

So we started fishing and I quickly pull in a couple nice flats, but Bryan stood behind his internet bait and refused to try my shad.

We fish for 6 more hrs, I land 4 more flatheads, Mellons still skunked and getting pissed! haha...So we decide to leave and as he was realing in he snags up, I knew it was a snag becuse I had hit this snag many times before.

But ole Mellon is sure it's a huge flathead! He fights this fish, I mean snag for 30 minutes never getting 1 inch of line back, nor did the fish I mean snag ever take any line..Finally the line breaks, and mellon is sure he lost the world record flathead.

So when he gets home he orders bigger reels, abu 10000 reels and loads them with 80-lb mono for his next chance at the monster snag on the scioto river.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    :confused2:

They say your memory is the 1st thing to go, when you get old. I'm affraid ole FlatLESShunter is getting old.

Sadly, the "Top Secret Flathead Bait" story is TRUE. I PAID for, yes PAID for this receipe from EBay!

The snag part might have been true. If I remember I thought I had the world record gar on. If I'm not mistaken Jacks son saw it too. It looked like a huge gar was tangeled in my line. Heck, maybe it was a snag who knows.

$320 for two rods was TRUE. Boy what a mistake. $ doesn't = fish. You see I used to be a "bass" fisherman. So I thought you had to go spend a fortune on equipment.

The part about thinking Jack wasa Professional Catfisherman: Again sadly, TRUE. I even told my wife that I was going to fish w/ a pro at his secret honey hole. Flathunter is about as much of a Catfishing Professional as I am a poster model for Slim Fast! :big_smile: That's the quote of the day!

Now for the biggest load of BS I've ever heard. Jack caught ZERO, as in 0, nada in regards to flatheads. Yes, we fished his "Top Secret Hole", you know the one that 50 other people fished! It wasn't just like that one trip, six trips, or one year. If I'm not mistaken it took 2 years fishing together before a single flathead was caught. That is 100% true. It became a very famous thing called the "Flathunter Curse". Ask most anyone from the Ohio fishing board we belonged to and they will tell you all about the curse.

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I love reading you guys posts in the morning before I go to start my day or go off to the slat mines (work :happy:)
    LoL

You guys have a "Happy Holiday Season"! :big_smile:
    :0a23:

Take it easy fellows,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You guys are more fun than a barrel of monkeys.:big_smile: Keep those stories coming.Love Em.

5. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    You guys are too funny, I start my day with a smile after reading one of your post.
    Keep them coming
    Sharon:smile2:

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You guys are the "Laurel & Hardy" of the catfish world:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Can't say it any better than that:eek:oooh::smile2:.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2: LMAO! :smile2: You guys are too Funny! :smile2:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Great stuff. THANX!

10. Wil

Wil New Member