Memorial Weekend?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Johnboy1975, May 16, 2009.

1. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    Just wondering what everyone is doing for Memorial Weekend? Im packing the wife the kids and the tent and heading out to Tuttle Creek for the weekend. Have never fished it so hopefully the weather is nice and the fish are hungry. I think we are going to camp around the "river pond" area. Just wondering if anyone else has plans and to wish everyone good luck and to be safe on the roads.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Where ya been John?
    I dont know what I will be doin, but I know I will be avoiding the lakes like the plague.:smile2:
    Hope you and your family have a great time. You coming to the gathering?

3. Johnboy1975

Johnboy1975 Member

State:
    Muscotah Kansas
    I work on the road so I can only get online during the weekends and mostly at nite like right now, the wife, kids are sleeping and the honey dos are done for the day. As of right now Im planning on coming but the way the last few months have gone I cant count on anything. I had back surgery in May and I cant believe how much better it feels. So unless something major comes up Im planning on coming. I hear ya about the lakes on memorial weekend though we usually go to the Lake of the Ozarks or Table Rock and Im just sick of those places on the holiday weekend plus we never catch anything, but the kids have fun so I guess its worth it.

4. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    Check into Banner Creek. I ve heard alot of good thing about it and it should be pretty quiet, its not well known

5. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    Great crappie and saugeye action between cat bites too, just set out a crappie light and bring some minnows too. If nothing else it ll keep the lil ones busy while dad waits on the monster!

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Good luck to you John.
    We had a gathering there last year, I'll never go to a State Park again, they are just outrageous with their fees. Corp parks are just as good and a lot more economical.
    Don't mean to disuade you, that's just my opinion.
    I'm the same as Kyle, I won't even put the Catoon on Milford during a holiday, and I only live 5 minutes from the CCrk boat ramp:smile2:. If one of my shore spots is open, I'll go.

7. Riley498

Riley498 New Member

State:
    Kansas - Parsons
    Yea if the weather is nice ima try to set lines at lightning creek or labette creek, but rain is always comin down on memorial weekend JINX!

8. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    The flathead run should be going on the Neosho,I'll be there.:big_smile:

9. Riley498

Riley498 New Member

State:
    Kansas - Parsons
    Where abouts you going on the neosho ray

10. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
  11. Riley498

Riley498 New Member

State:
    Kansas - Parsons
    Oh well I may have to stop by I live in erie and fish this damn here most of the time or go down to oswego havent tried at chanute

12. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Banner Creek or "Banner Speedway" as some call it, will be just as busy as the other local lakes, I really think it gets worse just due to its size and layout.

13. toolmaan

toolmaan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Will be camping out at Harvey County West Park. We usually don't go out memorial day weekend but haven't had the camper out once this year yet. Poles will be in the water the whole weekend.

14. KansasFishin'

KansasFishin' New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i'm heading out to Tuttle Puddle too, maybe i'll see you there. If I were you I'd ask some locals about fishing by the tubes...majorly good channel area. (Dangerous for the kids though) I've caught alot of decent ones down there. Also check out the big blue river and rocky ford fishing areas. They all put out alot of monsters.

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Welcome to the BOC dillion.

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Got a slab of ribs and a chicken today. Gonna get them ready to go with some marinade tomorrow. The chicken is gonna be a beer can chicken...then Im gonna give the pool a cleaning and hang out there with some type of beverage...if my wife's relatives want to come over, thats fine. If not....thats cool too.:smile2: Aside from that I plan on going out on the river one night....maybe Friday.

17. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    Fishing in the Mighty MO, I think, hopefully it won't be like the lakes.

18. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Man I gotta go back to Hutch this weekend. Wish I could be out fishing on the MO. We will surely hit the local park and maybe the creek in hutch this weekend tho. Good luck to all of you that get a chance to put a line in the water!!

19. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    Plan on hittin melvern hard a couple times this weekend to see if I can figure these blues out:smile2:

20. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I will be fishing the Mighty Mo also until about 12am.Then I'm going to head to Wyandotte lake for there all night fishing.Anyone have any good spots to catch flatheads there?