Memorial weekend on the colorado river in Arizona - Big fish

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by bluehunter, May 30, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Went out this memorial day weekend to the Colorado River with Riverbud and had a blast. We caught much bluegill for bait and even Dale got some nice redear. Later that nigjht we hunted down the flats and they were in full effect. One problem though is that we were missing quite a few runs on the 8/0 circles but we were able to land a few of them. I will try the kahle hooks next week and see if there is a big difference. Total tally for the trip was

Riverbud - 30 pound flat and 7 pounder, many gills

Bluehunter - 34 and 20 pound flat, many gills

Little B - 3 bluegill and 3 channels

Here are a few pics to follow of Dales 30, my 34, and one of my sons channels. Flats were caught on bluegill.

Attached Files:

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Nice fish,the little guy looks like he 's have'n a great time .

3. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Wow! Really nice fish!! I really hope to get into a big one this year. I was stuck on duty Sunday:angry: :angry: :angry: . Hope to get out this weekend. Might even try one nigt during the week.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great fish indeed, I would be thrilled with a 30-lber right now!

5. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    You guys are just a kicking some b_tt on that river, looks like a lot of fun and sound like a great area to fish. hope to hunt you guys down some time. Beautiful fish!!!

6. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    You guys are really tearing into them. You are really convincing me to start fishing the Colorado. Those are some nice fish. Bluehunter, it is good to see you passing on the fun to the next generation.

Martinman

7. shorepatrol

shorepatrol New Member

State:
    AZ
    everybody has got a jacket on , is it still getting that cool out at night there? Great fish too.