Memmorial day weekend

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, May 25, 2009.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Folks, I understand that most folks have forgotten what Memorial Day is all about and instead figure it is designed to provide a weekend for their BBQ'ing, camping & fishing pleasure. In response, I decided you all need to stay indoors today, so let it rain the whole day through.

The rumors that my garden is in desperate need of watering, had nothing to do with this decision.:wink:

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks Kutter......now I'll have to work on PipeRat's boat again instead of fishing!

On second thought.....Momma's coming home today and I do believe we'll have to have that baby out of the garage (where it spent the night) or SkipEye will be getting some StinkEye.:smile2:

P.S. Thanks to all of our servicemembers, both present and past!!!!

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I'm working a double....:angry:

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Memorial Day is Amateurs Day on the water. Lots of fools who boat only one time a year out there, loaded to the gills with booze, zipping around and making assess of themselves. Better off staying home...safer anyhow.:wink:

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Tom, you lost in the area?????? Man, we just got swamped with 3 inches of rain in the past 1 hour 45 minutes..... this S***S! LOL...... Hope not, fuel stops are closed today, LMAO!

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I do not take responsibility for any area other than where I am at the moment.

Today, it softly rained for about a half hour, stopped with sunshine for an hour, rain for a half hour, etc, etc, etc..

At this point, I'm guessing around an inch to 1 1/4 total for the day and yet not one bit of this freshly tilled garden dirt washed off this hillside.:big_smile::cool2::roll_eyes::wink:

7. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i worked all day today it was busy at the movies never had a chance to take a break it was that bad

8. thunt713

thunt713 New Member

State:
    winfield m
    Soft easy rain better on the garden then a gully washer.