Members support / Memorial Section for the Board

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, Jul 31, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Dear Brother & Sister members of the BOC:

We have had alot of up's and downs together as we get to know each other, and sometimes the worse comes to us all, losing a brother or sister off the BOC. When I came to join this site I never knew that I would meet so many people in my life, that all share the same dream as myself, (Catfishing) and enjoying time with another person and enjoying the peace and quit that we sometimes get sitting out on the waters.

I know what brothers are feeling tonight with the report of deltalover. I went thru the same thing with Uncle Sci-Fi here one year ago on July 22nd , 2005 with his passing away, it left a huge hole in my stomach and heart and its never been filled. This man truly was part of my family and the more he is not around the more I miss him, Since I became a staff member on this board there was not one night that me and him did not sit on the phone from 11pm until 1:00am in the morning talking and twice I remember him calling me saying whats wrong you have not called yet !! (lol)

I also lost another brother JPB who was also close to me on the Staff and this board, we used to talk each others ear's off for hours on the phone. he left us a couple of months after Uncle Sci-fi did and it was very hard not to be there with his family at the time of need, I still wish I could of made it to the viewing to be with his wife and kids, he also will be missed alot by myself and alot of other brothers & sisters here.

The BOC Staff would like to ask your help in setting up a memorial section to this board in memory of each of our brothers that are no longer with us, that I am sure are fishing up in heaven in some lake full of 300# Flatheads and 500# bluecatfish. ( and no gar )

Our request is that if you were very close to the person who has left us, I would like to have you send me a E-Mail with a story or back ground on the person that you were close to, that was a member of this board, and I will put it in a memorial section. If you have photo's of the person (member) please attach them along with your write up about them. I would like to have one person do each member that has left us for brighter waters. If you feel you can help us out please send me a E-Mail at : boc.pro.staff@gmail.com

The following people will be adopted into the memorial section of the board:

1. Mike Lovejoy (LovejoyDC1)
    2. Randy Neal
    3. Richard Renquist (Kingpin) died in Iraq
    4. Thom Williams (Thom)
    5. Ronald Phillips (Scificatman) ( Staff Member )
    6. John P Baze (JPB) (Staff Member )

If you know of anyone I am missing please contact me at the above E-Mail address I have supplied.

God bless you all this evening, and my family's prayers go out to the Gaines family.

Thanks D/H

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This is a great idea !!! It has been needed for a long while. Good Going Staff, ya'll just keep it coming!!!

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    A very, very grand idea...

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Very good idea for sure I never knew any of the others but Phil was a good friend to me and I know I will miss him a lot.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Great idea! I just hope we don't have to add anymore names to it! :sad2:

6. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Dh, Do not for get Randy Neal from Greenbrier,Arkansas. He was at the Morrilliton Gathering.

7. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I've lost quite a few friends over the years in the military and I know the feelings you all are sharing right now. I barely knew him, but he was definately someone that was very easy to like. He was open and talked to everyone like he wanted talked to. He was one of the first BOC members to welcome the new comers and always quick to help others out. I would love to support this memorial for the lifted BOC members. My wife and I are truly sorry for everyone's loss. It makes you look around and appreciate the people that make your life enjoyable. God bless all of you and especially Delta's family.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    This is a great idea DH and Staff. Thanks for making this possible.

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Great idea Staff. Thank you.

10. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This is a great idea. The BOC not only grows in numbers, but it grows in heart.

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Top I am very sorry I do not know why I forgot about him, yes I got to sit and talk to him during the gathering and he helped me make fun of Chuckb and a few others there, he is missed very much so.

I am getting old, CRS is setting in. Thanks

12. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Eric, that is a very compassionate, and respectful move, to set up a memorial on this site, also may God be with Delta's family. Jack.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thank you BOC. That is a great ideal.
    Five and Six, Plus Phillip ( deltalover ) are the one's I knew and have posted with.

God Bless each one of them. All Good men.

Tight Lines
    Dano

14. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Thanks to all the BOC leader ship by seeing a need and taking action to put this together!

15. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Great Idea
    keep up the great work that makes this site the best

16. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Great idea, cant wait to see it.

17. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Eric I don't know if its possible or even advisable...but can the members profile be linked to this section so that their screen name can never be used again? Or those names locked out so no one else can hold them? Thanks.

18. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I don't know if it would be a good ideal or not but I was wondering about a memorial fund to help out the family. I know a death can be a financial hardship on the family. I was thinking maybe the BOC could set up something where we could all send money through a pay pal account. Maybe accept donations for a month and then send it to the family all at one time. I don't know if this could be set up or not, I was just trying to think of some way we could all help out. I will do whatever I can to help, let me know.

19. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Randy Neal was one of my partners in the very first BOC fishoff. He went by (Randyal104ro) on the board. All will be missed a great deal.

20. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I second that motion.

Ray