member gallery

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by 223reload, Nov 11, 2006.

1. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I need a little help here since im so tech challenged im trying to upload a few pics for my member gallery and dont really know howto do this anyone with some simple tips since im computer illiterate

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Richard, you really will need a photo shop to edit your pictures before putting them on the site. The size can be no larger than 500 pixels X 400 pixels . Personally in my photo shop I always make both height and width under 400 so that I know the site will accept it. In order to edit photos you will need some type of photo shop.There are money types of photo editing programs out there, and they all seem to be a bit different. You may need to experiment with yours to figure out all of the different features. If you still have trouble you can email me the pics and I will try to resize and email them back for you. Vern

3. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    irfanview is free and it will resize.

4. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Open pic in paintshop that comes w/windows. Click on "edit," then "sketch/skew." Reduce size of pic by %. Then go to the little dotted line box in top left corner of tool bar and click. Drag over the part of pic you want, right click, "copy." Go to "file," click "new." It'll ask you if you want to save, click "no," or else it will save under the original pic. A new screen will open. Right click on screen and click "paste." Save this pic under a new file name ("file" "save as"). You can then upload the new smaller pic.

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Richard here are some links from the BOC Library that I have found very helpful with photos.:big_smile:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=266

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Here to download Irfanview.

Open Irfanview.

1. File, go to the location where the image is saved.

2. Double click on the image, this will open it in Irfanview.

3. Select.... Image. (top bar on Irfanview)

4. Select.... Resize/Resample.

5. Select the size you wish or if it's not listed type in the size....
    On BOC don't go over max of 500 x 400....hit OK.

6. Select Image.

7. Select Sharpen.

8. File... Save as.
    Be sure the box "Save as type" shows JPG Files.
    Be sure to note where you are saving the image.

9. Save

Hope this helps.
    Let me know where you're having problems, maybe I can help.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for all of the information everyone now if i can get my ducks in a row so to speak maybe you will be able to see some of the cats weve caught in the past few years [unfortunately i aint caught a single one this year but the year aint over ...YET]