Member fishing report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by smitty1963, Feb 4, 2009.

1. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I went fishing this past Saturday and Sunday on the James and for the first time in a very long time I got skunked I threw every bait I could think of at them without even a nibble. I got to my spot both days as the sun was rising and didnt leave until just before sunset, fished both the incoming and outgoing tides to no avail. The only bait I didnt have was chicken livers, oh well maybe next time:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had the same problem Sun.:roll_eyes:

3. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have days like that too, at least it was good to get out and fish. I'm going down to Charles City this weekend I hope....I also hope to catch some fish.
    later
    david

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Thanks for sharing...we've all been there before. You have to have those fishless days to really enjoy the days you catch them.

Tight lines.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck to those who are fishing this weekend. My Virginia Wildlife Calendar which never lies has a big old EXCELLENT fish symbols for both Friday and Saturday. Sunday is a big old GOOD.

Get out there and get on em boys. If its not windy, I know where I will on Saturday.

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Yeah Ken, that happens from time to time. Sucks, but it's still nice to get out. Better luck to ya next time.

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I'm going to have to compare your wildlife calendar fishing predictions to those listed in my almanac. I wonder how they correlate?

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    It's on! If you all look in the last Catfish Insider magazine, there's an article by Jim Moyer - a renowned blue cat fisherman and guide, who describes tactics month to month. I specifically remember the February piece, where he says when the winter warmup comes and temps get in the 60 and even 70 degree range, you need to get out on the water because the fishing is excellent, especially in the afternoon after the sun has warmed things up a bit. I've been itching to put that to the test. I know where the water is gonna be warmer, so Kenneth and Mike, you all leave me some room in that secret spot ya' hear.

9. Paraguayguy

State:
    Virginia

I wouldn't have the foggiest idea what secret spot you could be refering to. :roll_eyes: In the event you find me there, I assure you it was by accident that I stumbled on an alledged "Secret Spot":wink: At my advanced age, my memory is pretty poor.

10. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Is that this coming Sunday?????????????????

11. Paraguayguy

State:
    Virginia
    Yep Smitty, The good fishing forecast starts this Friday Feb 6 and runs thru Sunday Feb 8. Good luck.

12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have days like that too, at least it was good to get out and fish we all froze up here .

13. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia

WOOOOOHOOOOOOO:smile2: