Member classifieds

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by Bobpaul, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I posted the gold bands I found this year and was asking for the price of the gold content in them, Totalling 225.00 at the then, current price of 24K gold, which was at 642.00 an ounce.

Todays gold price was at 667.50. Someone could've made a profit, and gold keeps going up.

I sold them all to one person on another forum for the asking price.

I'll have more this coming year.

2. squirrel

squirrel New Member

State:
    california
    hey bob paul i am new to the board and trying to learn how to use every thing i did see all those ring you had displayed but i didn't know that you found them I have been trying to figure out my tracker iv still can't figure out how center point the singnal i hear and start digging i have only found a few coins don't quite know where to look afraid of getting in trouble digging in parks and schools i live in california a little help
    thanks Andy

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Andy, I downloaded the user manual for your detector and there is no pin point mode for it. You need to use the X technique as described in your manual.

http://www.metaldetector.cc/productimages/bounty hunter/bountyhunterTRACKER4.pdf

The unit I have has an unusual technique to pinpoint. My coil reads targets strait down from all outside edges IIII, not in a V type coil operation like yours and some others. When I hit a target, I start a quick wiggle side to side about an inch and draw the coil towards me. When I loose the signal, the target will be directly in front and center. It's called the Minelab Wiggle:lol:

Another thing is, because your signal goes down in a V patern, the deeper your target, the less chance you have of detecting it if you don't overlap your coil swing.

Read the manual and practice the X pin pointing on a coin under a towel or rag and you'll soon get the hang of it.