Melvin Price lock and dam - Catfishing Information and Chat

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by kaskas, Dec 12, 2005.

1. kaskas

kaskas New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anybody fishing below the dam, if so how are you doing?This is my fist post and I love the site. Great information!

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome to the BOC. This is the BEST sight on fishing for Catfish BAR NONE. Lots of great information. Again welcome to the board.

3. kaskas

kaskas New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thankyou very much and I am glad to be here!!! IN just 2 days of skimming posts ....wow what I have learned.

4. jnjmeyer

jnjmeyer New Member

State:
    Richmond Heights Mo
    Jetdriver....See from your posts that you fish the MS river. I wonder if you know of the location of launching ramps (24 ft pontoon) below StL on the MS. Either in IL or MO. Was thinking of the Merimac, but don't know if it's possible to get into the MS river. Read several posts that water is kinda iffy for gaining access into the MS from the lower Merimac. TIA

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Jim, John might know of more, but I know of 2. Truman Access near Bloomsdale is a public ramp that you could use. The other one is the one that John uses. It's a private ramp in Crystal City that requires membership. The name slips my mind at this time. ? ? Boat Club. I'm planning on seeing if John can get me an application this spring for it. The ramp and parking is well worth the price. I haven't heard John, JetDriver, on here much since deer season started. I hope to get out with him sometime this winter and see if we can find the cats wintering holes down there.

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Only ones I know of Kutter mentioned. Of course theres the ones up in Columbia Bottoms and Alton. My boat club is called Plattin Rock Boat Club. Kutter, I can probably get you in this spring if you are interested. Let me know, and we can go to a meeting together. I think its around 200 bucks to join, then its only 40 bucks a year thereafter. The club is run very well, and they take it serious. As you know, its kept under lock sunset to sunrise. Every member has his own key. I'll let you know when the next meeting is.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I’m envious I wish we had a boat club like that here in Kansas City.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thanks John, I am interested all right. In fact, tucked away in my wallet, deeply hidden from all, including myself, is $200 for that very purpose. Let me know when and where.
    Thanks again

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Geez, and I thought I was the only Catster up and lurking at 7am. I should have known Kutter would be on here. LOL. I'll let you know when the next meeting is for the boat club. I went out on the ol miss yesterday. Overall a nice day except for winds around hurricane strength. I got a wet a@@ more than once thats for sure. Caught two blues again. One around 15 pounds, the other was a dink. Still havnt found the mother load. I'll keep searching. Best Of Luck Fishing.:cool: