melton hill

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by boogie, Jan 28, 2008.

1. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    does anyone fish melton hill lake much?...i have never fished there ,but i would like to go this year if the fishing is decent.

2. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    I live near melton hill but don't know anyone who fishes there much. It being n the middle of all the neuclear plants I think everyone is afraid of what they might catch there. I have heard stories of terrible mutations coming out of there as well as the clinch river arm of watts bar. Lots of open sores also.

3. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    thanks for the info frank...i hadnt heard much about the lake ,except for a couple of my old fishin buds that go up there below the dam aiming for stripes..

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    In the 1980's and 90's I mostly fished for stripers at the Gallatin Steamplant. And we would here of monster fish being caught at Melton Hill. I always wanted get over there ,but never made it. I think the fishing was very good at one time. I don't know about now though.:crazy:

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    It is about time for the strippers to start running at melton hill tail waters. I go over and watch the fun quiet a bit. I have seen lots of monsters come out of there. The next 3 months is prime time. Course i wouldn't eat them out of there. There are mountains full of neuclear waste across the river from the generators and the national lab is just up th road.

6. TN-CATFISHER

TN-CATFISHER New Member

State:
    Cannon County, Middle TN
    Of course this means the entire TN River South of there is potentially contaminated with nuclear waste too, but this is the first I've heard of all this.

7. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    You will never get any official to admit there is any waste escaping from there but something is causing sores and there are mountains of waste. Till folks went to complaining you could ride by some of the facilities and see some of the barrels leaking. They did just close watts bar to commercial fishing blaming pcb's. What do you think would happen if they announced we have so much waste leaking into the river it is not safe.